Keeping pikes with their own.

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
These fish have a mind of their own. So recently I got a pair of Zebrina pikes to hopefully add to my Atabapo and pair of strigatta in my 220. Once the Zebrina went through quarantine I pulled out the Atabapo and strigatta from the 220 and added the Zebrina. I figured this way I'll let the newest pikes set up their territory before adding the other back in. Well yesterday was the day I tried my grand plan. So after about 5 minutes chaos erupted. The Atabapo turned into a dang beast even though the Zebrina male is quite a bit larger. So I instantly pulled the Atabapo out and I'm not even gonna try the strigatta pikes. Pretty much everyone told me this wouldn't work but I'm stubborn and had to try for myself. No pikes were injured or fins tattered. Looks like my Zebrinas will have the 220 all to themselves. I would like to thank mrrobxc for the great info on the Zebrina species and telling me this wouldn't work.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Experience is the best teacher. I’m stubborn as well. I’ve done all kinds of experiements that defied the advice I was given. It worked sometimes. But mostly it backfired.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store