Scuba tank for shipping fish

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
82B4352A-A94D-49E5-814D-E922DCB9E099.jpeg had s big scuba tank given to me. Any ideas what I would need to be able to ship fish with it? I need some type of hose or regulator any help would be appreciated

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Do you mean you want to use it to put air in bags when you ship fish, or do you actually want to put the tanks in the package to airate the water during shipping?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If filling air into a bag you'll need a compressor tank hose along with an attachment like the one in the image below to get air inside...

IMG_9374.JPG

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
If this is just for aeration, just get a battery powered air pump or two. The ones that use D-cell batteries will run all day on a pair of D-cells.

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
I want to be able to bag fish with pure oxygen when I ship. I do have a big air compressor in the garage but I didn’t think I could use that to bag fish

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I want to be able to bag fish with pure oxygen when I ship. I do have a big air compressor in the garage but I didn’t think I could use that to bag fish
I don’t think you’re going to find any gas supplier that will fill those tanks with pure oxygen. There are a lot of inspection rules for those types of tanks and they have to have been made specifically for the purpose they are being used. If you want pure oxygen you’re probably going to have to buy an oxygen tank or lease on and then swap it out each time you need it refilled. They basically work just like a propane tank. You can do this at your local welding supply shop. I have a pure oxygen tank at work but it is used for an oxy-acetylene torch. You would get the same thing. Then, you will have to have a regulator and the hoses, fittings to allow you to put air into a bag.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store