Venting midas

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
I have a midas that i thought was male it had a skinnier pointy looking vent tube, and now the vent tube has become much fatter, it is also hovering over a plate and it shakes and also does this in a pot ive provided, is this female behavior? Vent tube is pretty short too

20180318_105013.jpg 20180318_105043.jpg

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
My midas laid eggs in pot what is best way to try and let male fish try and fertilize them if the mail is mean

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
How long do the eggs stay good for to be fertilized, does male have to come right behind female or can he fertilize them next day or so on

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
Im trying to find a male midas but all that is available are small midas and my only male choice i have is unfortunetaly a very nice looking parrot but he is probably sterile

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
No point...that KKP is likely sterile. Fun to watch him try any way. Not only that, kinda late at this point cuz the female will likely be very protective and beat the crap out of him. If they hadn’t bonded before the spawn, very tough to say what will happen.

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
You are correct and thank you for your guidance, i pulled the divider and they are actually doing good together and it was absolutely amazing to watch and was able to video most of it, but the eggs are turning white do my fatboy is living up to his nature of probably being sterile

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
Its amazing to me how a parrot fish and midas can be so in sink as far as going threw the spawning rituals....when there different kind of fish. The midas is a super good care giver to her eggs. And my parrot seems lime he is even guarding them.

Brandon Flowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
Be fore this my parrot has absolutely killed every fish ive ttried to put him with, i think he may go back to his mean self like you mentioned though once the eggs are gone, they are slowly turning all white

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store