Help ASAP

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
I almost feel like she ate something and it is stuck in her.
What have you fed her in the last month?
Sometimes the fish is fine for 2 weeks after eating something but the body while trying to digest it ends up hurting the fish

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
his he still alive? did the swelling happen quickly or over time? I worry about tumors, infections, abscesss. it would be odd for bloat or fluid build up to be justhis he still alive? did the swelling happen quickly or over time? I worry about tumors, infections, abscesss. it would be odd for bloat or fluid build up to be just one side. Where is the blood coming from?
Typically a gi obstruction will not cause a one sided swelling like that. Twisted intestines might but he should be dead already. Honestly you really need an x-ray
Once we know where the blood is coming from might give us more info
At this point cover with broad spectrum antibiotics and really clean well oxygenated water
Is he eating at all?

Reactions: Davidiator

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
what kind of pleco?

Kory vanunu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2018
I almost feel like she ate something and it is stuck in her.
What have you fed her in the last month?
Sometimes the fish is fine for 2 weeks after eating something but the body while trying to digest it ends up hurting the fish
I gave him about 2 weeks ago a small piece of chicken and pellets

Kory vanunu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2018
his he still alive? did the swelling happen quickly or over time? I worry about tumors, infections, abscesss. it would be odd for bloat or fluid build up to be justhis he still alive? did the swelling happen quickly or over time? I worry about tumors, infections, abscesss. it would be odd for bloat or fluid build up to be just one side. Where is the blood coming from?
Typically a gi obstruction will not cause a one sided swelling like that. Twisted intestines might but he should be dead already. Honestly you really need an x-ray
Once we know where the blood is coming from might give us more info
At this point cover with broad spectrum antibiotics and really clean well oxygenated water
Is he eating at all?
The swelling happened over time of about a week he’s not eating the water is clean and has plenty of oxygen the bleeding is coming out of a small hole in between his two bottom fins (not his anus)

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
The swelling happened over time of about a week he’s not eating the water is clean and has plenty of oxygen the bleeding is coming out of a small hole in between his two bottom fins (not his anus)
I wonder if he has an abscess in there or an infected tumor with a draining track. I think your best chance of saving him is a vet for xrays and injectable antibiotics. If not what antibiotics do you have available to you? What country are you in?

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
sorry for your loss

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store