13 bass to start

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
hello everyone. I haven’t posted my cichla in this forum yet but wanted to share my recent pick ups. I have 6 Orino and 2 intermedias growing out in my 280 before they ultimately go into the 535 I’m setting up. Also picked up 5 Bahia Kelberi from Wes that are currently growing out in a 40 before they go into the 280.

The plan is to house the 6 Orinos and 2 intermedia on my 535 with the four Crenicichla Zebrina, a flagtail, a black aro, and 8 Satanoperca Daemon. The 280 will hold the Kelberi with Crenicichla Multispinosa, five geophagus Altifrons, and a Flagtail.

Here’s some pics and some videos. Also, please let me know if you can help me identify what kind of Orinocensis I have.

Lastly, I hope to have the 535 running within four weeks. Hopefully.

44A4A583-2E5A-44A3-A996-587E7FE95DB3.jpeg D3AFFDE4-F76A-4E7C-AA79-19F99143C834.jpeg 3EC73760-37E5-41B3-B795-4FFA080C70F0.jpeg

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
You’ve been busy... lol. Nice! Orinos are my favorite. Although I think you can come up with cooler geos then the ones you have selected...

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
You’ve been busy... lol. Nice! Orinos are my favorite. Although I think you can come up with cooler geos then the ones you have selected...
Thanks Jay.

As for cooler geos. I spent a pretty penny getting these bass and pikes. I’m afraid I’m officially broke. I like daemons. But sveni would be my choice to replace the Altifrons.

By the way, how do you think the daemon would do with bass tankmates?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Hahahah- yea yea yea... you and me are the same always come up with the cash when we need it lol.

I think the daemon will be fine my pair was very big and should be fine. Could consider Lilith if you want to be fancy there...
Sveni would be perfect but how about winemilleri? Not as expensive as the sveni but more colorful then the altifrons ( I love altifrons too btw) .

If it was me I would probably put a big psueda in each tank to- l25 or l600

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Hahahah- yea yea yea... you and me are the same always come up with the cash when we need it lol.

I think the daemon will be fine my pair was very big and should be fine. Could consider Lilith if you want to be fancy there...
Sveni would be perfect but how about winemilleri? Not as expensive as the sveni but more colorful then the altifrons ( I love altifrons too btw) .

If it was me I would probably put a big psueda in each tank to- l25 or l600
Funny how that works on coming up with cash. I’ve been skipping lunches lately. It’s sad really...

I would do winemilleri but I can’t source them currently. I may do so down the road but it’s hard to find them at a decent size. Lilith is cool but I’m concerned with HITH as my lilith in PA tap got it and the water was pH 6.8 there compared to 8 here in SoCal.

I don’t know much about catfish but ive been tempted with getting a leopardus and a tig. I’m going to do more research there. Thanks for the suggestions!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Funny how that works on coming up with cash. I’ve been skipping lunches lately. It’s sad really...

I would do winemilleri but I can’t source them currently. I may do so down the road but it’s hard to find them at a decent size. Lilith is cool but I’m concerned with HITH as my lilith in PA tap got it and the water was pH 6.8 there compared to 8 here in SoCal.

I don’t know much about catfish but ive been tempted with getting a leopardus and a tig. I’m going to do more research there. Thanks for the suggestions!
Monster has big winemilleri now for a decent price I picked up 2 a couple weeks ago.

As far as hith - daemons are susceptible to it too

And since you can’t get a ray definitely get a cat for each l25 check it out .

Good luck my friend

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Monster has big winemilleri now for a decent price I picked up 2 a couple weeks ago.

As far as hith - daemons are susceptible to it too

And since you can’t get a ray definitely get a cat for each l25 check it out .

Good luck my friend
Thank you sir! I’m going to go on monsters FB algae now.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thank you sir! I’m going to go on monsters FB algae now.
Nice- he has adult heros Severus Tigre severums too... they are gorgeous and huge! Tell him I sent you.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store