New MFK Here

appleton71

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2018
Appleton, WI
Hi MFK! Steve from Wisconsin here.

After getting frustrated with African Cichlid aggression, I decided to give Oscars a shot. I went to my LFS to pick up a couple of juvenile O's for my 125 gallon tank three weeks ago but they didn't have any. Instead I came home with a 10" O and a 7" Blood Parrot that someone had traded in because their tank was too small. I've never seen two fish with such a bond. They are inseparable! The Blood Parrot is a female and I don't know what the O is yet.

I added an L-034 Pleco last week to help clean up after them and they have one more tank mate: an African Cichlid fry that somehow survived a 100% water change. It's a little over an inch long and although the parrot has chased it a couple of times, no one has really made an effort to eat it...yet.

These guys are WAY more fun than my Africans! I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment from them.

20180307_164533.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi MFK! Steve from Wisconsin here.

After getting frustrated with African Cichlid aggression, I decided to give Oscars a shot. I went to my LFS to pick up a couple of juvenile O's for my 125 gallon tank three weeks ago but they didn't have any. Instead I came home with a 10" O and a 7" Blood Parrot that someone had traded in because their tank was too small. I've never seen two fish with such a bond. They are inseparable! The Blood Parrot is a female and I don't know what the O is yet.

I added an L-034 Pleco last week to help clean up after them and they have one more tank mate: an African Cichlid fry that somehow survived a 100% water change. It's a little over an inch long and although the parrot has chased it a couple of times, no one has really made an effort to eat it...yet.

These guys are WAY more fun than my Africans! I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment from them.

View attachment 1304337

Welcome aboard!

The previous owners did an outstanding job taking care of the Oscar and Blood Parrot.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Welcome to the forum. Nice Oscar. My oldest living fish was my Oscar Toby. He had similar patterns to the one in your pic. They are fun fish. Kind like the puppy dog of the fish world.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
+1 someone's taken great care of them, they look very healthy and happy.
Welcome aboard:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store