Hello from NJ

attheTone

Feeder Fish
Apr 14, 2018
Northern NJ
Hey Guys, I just joined. I'm Mom to an almost 12 year old very healthy Iguana. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to find plans for an enclosure or maybe share one that you've made? I am definitely not carpenter gifted so I would need something to follow. His current enclosure is 6 x 6 x 3 and wood, I was thinking maybe PVC on the next one with comparable measurements. He is a big boy!
Thanks a lot~ Tone

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey Guys, I just joined. I'm Mom to an almost 12 year old very healthy Iguana. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to find plans for an enclosure or maybe share one that you've made? I am definitely not carpenter gifted so I would need something to follow. His current enclosure is 6 x 6 x 3 and wood, I was thinking maybe PVC on the next one with comparable measurements. He is a big boy!
Thanks a lot~ Tone
Welcome aboard:)

Hope this helps.https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/diy-cages-enclosures.310353/

attheTone

Feeder Fish
Apr 14, 2018
Northern NJ
Reactions: tlindsey

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
Welcome!

What species of iguana? A 3 foot height (assuming you did LxWxH) isn't not tall enough for most iguana species, as they are mostly arboreal species and need plenty of climbing room. 6' or more would be preferred, with atleast enough room for the animal to stretch out in all directions.

I'd personally stick with wood. PVC is great for temporary cages, or small lightweight animals that aren't climbing, but wood is far sturdier, and allows you to secure larges branches for climbing/basking. You can also keep temps and humidity in easier with sealed wood.

Reactions: tlindsey

attheTone

Feeder Fish
Apr 14, 2018
Northern NJ
Welcome!

What species of iguana? A 3 foot height (assuming you did LxWxH) isn't not tall enough for most iguana species, as they are mostly arboreal species and need plenty of climbing room. 6' or more would be preferred, with atleast enough room for the animal to stretch out in all directions.

I'd personally stick with wood. PVC is great for temporary cages, or small lightweight animals that aren't climbing, but wood is far sturdier, and allows you to secure larges branches for climbing/basking. You can also keep temps and humidity in easier with sealed wood.
Hello,

He is a Green Iguana. His home is 6 feet long and 6 feet high. He has all that he needs in there. I need to move him and so I need to build him a new enclosure. I just figured that the PVC would be much easier to clean and would not warp as this one has done somewhat over the years. The sides and door of his house is open (heavy mesh), but we keep a heavy clear plastic on the two sides.
Do you by any chance know where I can get plans to build him a new home? I need to do this ASAP.

Thank you,
Tone~

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store