Yeah pups!!

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Hey what happened to the dad?
Not sure. I just recently lost 3 retics. 2 females and 1 male. :( Not sure if it was a bacterial issue or virus. All three of them ended up with disc rot and had open sores on their undersides. It was terrible to watch. The 2 females were 5 years old. I tried antibiotics but did not help. The hystrix pair were in the same tank and the male came down with the symptoms, but survived it. The female hystrix was never affected. I believe this is because they were both wild caught while the retics were all captive bred.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not sure. I just recently lost 3 retics. 2 females and 1 male. :( Not sure if it was a bacterial issue or virus. All three of them ended up with disc rot and had open sores on their undersides. It was terrible to watch. The 2 females were 5 years old. I tried antibiotics but did not help. The hystrix pair were in the same tank and the male came down with the symptoms, but survived it. The female hystrix was never affected. I believe this is because they were both wild caught while the retics were all captive bred.
Probably have an immunity

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Sorry for your loss viper0397 viper0397 .. its very heart-breaking but at least you have the babies to carry the bloodline

Congratulations they are absolutely gorgeous and they look a nice size and fat!!

All the best with them, look forward to seeing them develop

Reactions: viper0397

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Sorry for your loss viper0397 viper0397 .. its very heart-breaking but at least you have the babies to carry the bloodline

Congratulations they are absolutely gorgeous and they look a nice size and fat!!

All the best with them, look forward to seeing them develop
Thank you very much!!

I can not wait to see how they develop!! Once they mature and I see how they turn out, I might breed them (both females) with my male pearl! I have a feeling that might turn out very interesting.

Reactions: MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Thank you very much!!

I can not wait to see how they develop!! Once they mature and I see how they turn out, I might breed them (both females) with my male pearl! I have a feeling that might turn out very interesting.
That could be very interesting
The other nice thing is you have the gene for smaller size which is always welcome

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store