Can I house a Oscar in a rubber bend?

Mrceorac

Feeder Fish
Apr 20, 2018
Hi I have a 4-5”in. Oscar and a new 6”in. silver arowana in a 55 gal. My 125gal is down for now.The arowana is not eating my friend told me it’s becuz the fish is stressed he also told me to take the Oscar out and put him in a rubber bend with my BIO FORM FILTER out of my tank and leave the fluval 406 in the tank becuz I don’t have a back up tank. Will the Oscar be ok for a few weeks?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I have a 4-5”in. Oscar and a new 6”in. silver arowana in a 55 gal. My 125gal is down for now.The arowana is not eating my friend told me it’s becuz the fish is stressed he also told me to take the Oscar out and put him in a rubber bend with my BIO FORM FILTER out of my tank and leave the fluval 406 in the tank becuz I don’t have a back up tank. Will the Oscar be ok for a few weeks?

Welcome aboard

How large is the rubber bin? Also I personally would try to run the fluval 406 on the rubber bin if possible. Do you have plans to upgrade from the 125 gallon ? The Aro probably will outgrow the 125 quickly.

Reactions: skjl47

Mrceorac

Feeder Fish
Apr 20, 2018
Welcome aboard

How large is the rubber bin? Also I personally would try to run the fluval 406 on the rubber bin if possible. Do you have plans to upgrade from the 125 gallon ? The Aro probably will outgrow the 125 quickly.

I have the 406 on my 55gal and a bio form
I’m going to put the Oscar in the bend it a small Oscar so the SA can get in Comfortable with the tank

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
The Oscar will be fine in a Rubbermaid tub as long as it hasn't been used for harmful chemicals, and it is large enough (I'd say at least 30 gallon tub for a 4-6" Oscar for a few weeks).
On the arowana- how long has it been in the tank? was the Oscar bothering it? Is the tank fully cycled (0ammonia, 0nitrite, 0-20nitrate)? What is the decoration like- bare tank or lots of décor/floating plants? These could all contribute to the arowana not feeling comfortable to eat.
I generally would say that unless the Oscar was bullying the silver or nipping it, it's more helpful to have other fish in the tank, as opposed to taking them out. Being the only fish in a tank can make some fish more shy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store