Resealing tank?

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
GE silicone I is the stuff you want. Also, if you have a Dollar General nearby, they sell Red Devil clear silicone for $3.75 a tube...it cures very clear compared to GE. I use it all the time. (I build a lot of tanks and sumps). Be sure to clean everything very thoroughly with 100% acetone (Also available at Dollar General).

BadBrad

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2018
United States
I am about to do the same on a 130 gallon. Just be prepared because getting all of th existing silicon off can be difficult at times. I recommend taking it a section at a time. Be sure to remove every small piece of silicone before moving to the next section. Once all the silicone appears to be removed go over all of the sections again. I always seem to find some that I missed. After that clean the glass thoroughly (rubbing alcohol) and triple check. Using a calk removal tool can be helpful also. Good luck!

Reactions: tommybhermitage

Smokeyy

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 24, 2017
I wouldn't use the ge 1 I have rebuilt 2 300 gallon tanks I use scs 1200 a lot stronger but you will have less time to work with it because it skims fast.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
How hard is it to reseal a whole tank? Found a 220 for good deal that needs resealed. Just never done it before. Can’t find any info on it on here. Thanks in advance!
It's not as hard as it sounds. Check out some youtube video and it will show you what to do. I sealed a 75 gallon about 4 years ago. Never used it as it was the first and only I ever resealed and didn't quite trust the job I did. I ended up filling it about 1.5 months ago and its doing well. It isn't the prettiest job but considering it was my first time i'll take it just holding water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store