Figured it was about time...

MadSoul87

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2018
How y’all doin? I’ve been coming to this site for advice ever since I got into the cichlids game (which was actually Day 1 of starting this journey). I was given a small 5 gallon tank for my kid’s which contained goldfish and one medium sized blood parrot. I couldn’t let the blood parrot sit in a 5 gallon tank Sinai found a deal on a 55 and picked it up along with some other cichlids to keep the parrot company. Since then I’ve upgraded the kids to a 10 and gotten myself a 40 bowfront and a 30 bowfront. All of my original cichlids have since been replaced with South Americans. Have a Flowerhorn mating couple in the 55, a single Green Texas in the 40, and a single Green Terror in the 30. I’ve made sure everything is sized properly for current tank setup and all seem pretty happy in their surroundings. Anyways that was a little long winded, but thanks for all the unknowingly given advice over the past year and a half. Hope I can return the contribution now that I’ve done a lot of research on each of my current breeds.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
How y’all doin? I’ve been coming to this site for advice ever since I got into the cichlids game (which was actually Day 1 of starting this journey). I was given a small 5 gallon tank for my kid’s which contained goldfish and one medium sized blood parrot. I couldn’t let the blood parrot sit in a 5 gallon tank Sinai found a deal on a 55 and picked it up along with some other cichlids to keep the parrot company. Since then I’ve upgraded the kids to a 10 and gotten myself a 40 bowfront and a 30 bowfront. All of my original cichlids have since been replaced with South Americans. Have a Flowerhorn mating couple in the 55, a single Green Texas in the 40, and a single Green Terror in the 30. I’ve made sure everything is sized properly for current tank setup and all seem pretty happy in their surroundings. Anyways that was a little long winded, but thanks for all the unknowingly given advice over the past year and a half. Hope I can return the contribution now that I’ve done a lot of research on each of my current breeds.
Welcome, just make sure if you breed your flowerhorn that you breed them to other cichlids besides flowerhorns.

MadSoul87

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2018
Welcome, just make sure if you breed your flowerhorn that you breed them to other cichlids besides flowerhorns.
Yea well sad to say that my female FH is looking like she is heading off to bluer waters. I took both of the FH off my buddies hands because where he lives now the water hardness is horrible compared to where he was before. He wanted to keep them, but he didn’t want them dying so he handed them off to me because he knows how anal I am about my tanks. The female came to me rather thin and for the past couple days has been swimming dead center upper tank in one place. She moved to a cove area and was just kind of laying there until I nudged her with the net gently then she moved a bit but then settles back to hovering in one place. Hoping she makes a comeback because when she was healthy and full colored at my buddies old place she was absolutely beautiful.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yea well sad to say that my female FH is looking like she is heading off to bluer waters. I took both of the FH off my buddies hands because where he lives now the water hardness is horrible compared to where he was before. He wanted to keep them, but he didn’t want them dying so he handed them off to me because he knows how anal I am about my tanks. The female came to me rather thin and for the past couple days has been swimming dead center upper tank in one place. She moved to a cove area and was just kind of laying there until I nudged her with the net gently then she moved a bit but then settles back to hovering in one place. Hoping she makes a comeback because when she was healthy and full colored at my buddies old place she was absolutely beautiful.
Hope she makes a recovery, fresh squid and salmon can help fatten fish up (and a odd earthworm snack).

MadSoul87

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2018
Hope she makes a recovery, fresh squid and salmon can help fatten fish up (and a odd earthworm snack).
Actually woke up to nightmareville this morning. Green Terror had passed in the night. Apparently my new heater took three days to warm itself up to full functionality. It heated my GT’s tank up to 105 over night. Last time I ever use a heater without temp marks. Picking up two more today that are 2” to start this process over again. Just hope the leopard pleco doesn’t go after them. Male FH has been acting weird ever since the female started to deteriorate. He won’t swim far from her and he is “sleeping” upside down. Gets up and swims around fine for feeding, but then is right back beside her upside down staring at her. Hoping that I don’t come home to them both being passed. Hurt enough to see my GT bottom up this morning. Just got these FH from my buddy and am already attached to them lol.

MadSoul87

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2018
EFF9411A-C01A-48E2-A158-806FA8D43CA0.jpeg 9DB64A9E-FD14-48DD-8DB6-6C866ABAF3E8.jpeg FA032525-CD97-4A78-9574-2885DBD42EF1.jpeg 9B3F4F91-EF58-43F4-A924-8D2E43A04775.jpeg image.jpg Made a trip to my favorite LFS. That Fish Place never lets me down when I’m in need of fish. Picked the two little Green Terrors up yesterday and they’re getting along well in their new home. Hard to tell if I managed to get a female and male, or both males... or both females. Also included a pic of my male FH and my Green Texas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store