What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Two L-95 Plecos
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Palm Springs, CA
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup
Description:
Hi Folks-A story behind these 2. If you don't want to read it, skip beyond the break. L-95's are one of my 2 two favorite fish. I'm originally from the east coast and on the occasion I had to keep them I found them to be hardy and the most fun of plecos to watch. Inverting upside down to take pellets from the surface was the norm. Than 10 years ago I moved to California. My first attempt at keeping them was 8 years ago and than my second attempt was 5 years ago. Both times I got larger animals and they looked to be unhappy no matter what I did. They would hide, eat poorly and just not look good in general. While on the east coast I'd always had them in soft, acidic water. I chalked it up to the fact that this fish simply didn't adapt well to the hard and alkaline water of California. Than a year ago, Jeff Rapps had 3" babies for sale. I'd never even seen them this size not to mention for sale. They were pricey, but I thought this would be my 3rd and last hurrah with my favorite fish. The hope was that juveniles would have an easier time acclimating to the water conditions here. I bought a total of 4. Well, a year later, all 4 have thrived and feed like crazy on ANYTHING. They have put on size at a high rate. Now that I have 4 L-95's at 9" or pushing it, I've decided to let 2 of the 4 go. For all of my fellow Californians, there will be no acclimating issues with these fish. TUIC still has a few, so they've done well for Jeff also. A very good batch.
***********************************************************************************
I have them priced at $250 each, but prefer to sell the two together and will do so for $450. I realize Palm Springs isn't easy to get to, so for those who are interested, I can meet you part of the way if you Paypal first. They have full round bellies and are just plain awesome. WYSIWYG. The two fish are the actual two for sale. I took the photos while doing my last water change. Each fish was out of the bucket for 15 seconds max a piece. They are exceptionally well cared for. Any questions, ask away. Thanks. Please call or text! (760) 409-5299
View attachment 1311088 View attachment 1311089 View attachment 1311090 L-95 Fish 2-2.jpg
Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

L-95 Fish 1-1.jpg L-95 Fish 1-2.jpg L-95 Fish 2-1.jpg

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
No issues at all- they are very active and do a great job cleaning the tank without damaging
Got it. Don’t know that I can add such a large bioload to my already packed 280. Haven’t had much progress on the 535

Festae Forever

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
How are they with acrylic?
No issues at all- they are very active and do a great job cleaning the tank without damaging
Thanks guys-Unstoppable is correct. They are a really different a pleco in terms of behavior. They're easily the most active pleco I'm aware of. A very busy fish and a graceful swimmer. As I mentioned, if given ample tank room they'll cruise around upside down. While I would never keep a pleco without driftwood, they aren't "gnawers" at all IMO. They like to cling with their suckermouth to a piece, but that's about it. The same goes for acrylic. I've keep them in acrylic aquariums and never had an issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store