7 years smoke free!

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Congratulations on 7 healthier years. I don't smoke and I am not against smokers. However, I never thought is was very appealing for women.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
while in no way do i wish to downplay your achievement, im a firm believer that you never REALLY quit for good. ive gone a year or two without touching a cigarette then light one up out of the blue. my dad went close to 20 years before he picked it up again.

i dont smoke habitually if thats what were counting, but every once in a great while I'll buy a pack just for kicks.

I'm not worried that I will ever smoke again. I am the type of person that once I make my mind up then that is it. Smoking to me does not even smell good these days, just walking by someone that is smoking turns my stomach now. May not work that way for everyone, but for me I have an addictive personality and now that I am middle aged I have come to terms with my addictions and I see them for what they are, a negative harmful thing.

That is why I have been able to fully quit smoking for good, recover from a bad drinking lifestyle, and lose an entire person in weight lol. If I just did things like smoking or drinking moderately and then decided "well I think I will stop doing that" then perhaps I may go back to those habits again one day. For me though it is not just about stopping because I felt like I will give it a try. For me it is complete abstinence because I know if I ever did go back to smoking then that would lead to drinking and then back up to 400lbs then my life would be a mere shell of what it is these days and I would probably end up dying with in the next 10 years. So for me personally, I can say I will never have another cigarette for the rest of my life.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Smoking to me does not even smell good these days, just walking by someone that is smoking turns my stomach now. May not work that way for everyone,
Hello; This is the way it is for me as well. When I first quit the smell of someone smoking was a draw. Now it is repulsive.

So for me personally, I can say I will never have another cigarette for the rest of my life.
Hello; I feel the same way. There is a threshold we can get to where I think we can safely say it is over.
As far as time between a smoke, it is just that. I use to be able to leave my smokes in the car when I got to work where I could not smoke and not have one for 8 hours or more. When working I was around a half a pack a day. Over a pack a day on weekends and vacations.

My take is if you have a smoke even in gaps of months or years you are still a smoker. Likely a much healthier way to be for sure and better than packs a day folks. Still a risk of becoming a more regular smoker. At the same time should be so much easier to quit for good.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Hello; This is the way it is for me as well. When I first quit the smell of someone smoking was a draw. Now it is repulsive.

Hello; I feel the same way. There is a threshold we can get to where I think we can safely say it is over.
As far as time between a smoke, it is just that. I use to be able to leave my smokes in the car when I got to work where I could not smoke and not have one for 8 hours or more. When working I was around a half a pack a day. Over a pack a day on weekends and vacations.

My take is if you have a smoke even in gaps of months or years you are still a smoker. Likely a much healthier way to be for sure and better than packs a day folks. Still a risk of becoming a more regular smoker. At the same time should be so much easier to quit for good.
yeah i smoke just enough to give that awkward hesitation before saying "no" when the doctor asks me if im a smoker lol.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Congrats Steve. I'm almost 4 months smoke free. Gotta admit I still wanna light up
Good for you jaws hang in there and don't give in. You're well past the hard part now so just keep in mind that you're doing it so you can live a long full life and not give into the momentary urge and you'll be just fine.

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store