Why did my juvenile red tail catfish die..?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I put it in the monsterfisjkeepers award and nomination section.
The name of the thread is "feeding and taking care of my marble catfish fry.?"
I'd be grateful if you could help me.
Yes I found it and for future reference there are proper sections or subforums for just about any aquarium related topic you might wish to discuss here...for instance,both of the threads that you made should have been posted in the catfish subforum.When threads are posted in their appropriate sections they have a better chance of recieving as much helpful replies as possible.....just a friendly head's up.:)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
Yes I found it and for future reference there are proper sections or subforums for just about any aquarium related topic you might wish to discuss here...for instance,both of the threads that you made should have been posted in the catfish subforum.When threads are posted in their appropriate sections they have a better chance of recieving as much helpful replies as possible.....just a friendly head's up.:)
Thank you very much. I'll be sure to to do that next time. I was new to this and I was looking for a way to post a thread and as soon as I saw "post new thread" or something I posted it. Thanks anyway.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thank you very much. I'll be sure to to do that next time. I was new to this and I was looking for a way to post a thread and as soon as I saw "post new thread" or something I posted it. Thanks anyway.
You're welcome,....glad to be able to help out.

Reactions: Dloks

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
i cant even read this why would u put a red tail catfish in a 5 gallon tank the fish isnt gonna grow they need at least a 55-75 if ur gonna grow out for a pond and no filter stay away from any fish until u can get a filter and heater for those fish and a big tank/pond

Reactions: tlindsey

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
Ok thanks .ill worry about the filter. And if themRTC wouldn't grow in a 5 gallon tank then I wouldn't need to put it in the pond would I.?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I was going to recomend a sponge filter. Cheap, effective and can connect to your air line. However, it would take up such a large portion of the tank. Im trying to picture the size of a 5 gallon...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Why do the fish need filters ? They live quite well in the rivers with no filters.
The rivers and streams that our fish come from have natural filtration and oxygenation as waste matter is broken down and eliminated by the constant movement of the vastness of the water.When fish are kept in the confines of a glass box or a man made pond they are basically living in their own filth as they constantly give off waste matter and the stuff has nowhere to go unless it is removed by filtration and water changes.Without removal the broken down wastes eventually becomes toxic and dangerous to the fish.

Reactions: Hendre

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Why do the fish need filters ? They live quite well in the rivers with no filters.
its like putting you in a room full of piss and **** srry for the language but thts wat it is it just builds up and gets the fish sick filters r cheap even a sponge filter would help theyre like 5 dollars and u can connect it to an air pump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store