Choosing fish foods

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hi so I finally figured out my stocking for my new aquarium but now my problem is I dont know what to feed the inhabitants. If ayone has any ideas for foods for the fish that would be greatly appreciated. The stock list is below

1 Festivum
1 Nannacara Anmola
1 Bolivian Ram
1 keyhole cichlid
6-8 medium sized corydoras (either skunk or sterbai)
10 pristella tetras
And 6 zebra nerite snails

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi so I finally figured out my stocking for my new aquarium but now my problem is I dont know what to feed the inhabitants. If ayone has any ideas for foods for the fish that would be greatly appreciated. The stock list is below

1 Festivum
1 Nannacara Anmola
1 Bolivian Ram
1 keyhole cichlid
6-8 medium sized corydoras (either skunk or sterbai)
10 pristella tetras
And 6 zebra nerite snails

For the Cichlid's a good brand small or medium floating pellet like NLS. A good flake food can also be fed in your feeding rotation. As for the Corydoras a sinking pellet for bottom dwellers also the snails will eat what they can find left. The tetras will eat both.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
For nls should I go with sinking cichlid considering that all but one of my cichlids like to stay near the bottom and with that should I go with 1 or 2mm. Can the corydoras eat the cichlid pellets also? I wa sthinking of floating pellets for the festivum and the tetras. Also what are the best types of spectrum for my fish?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store