Why did my juvenile red tail catfish die..?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I think you need to research the nitrogen cycle and how it works, because if you did you would understand why what your attempting to do is a bad idea. I agree with the other posters and if you really don’t want to run a filter then you might be better off with beta fish for that 5 gallon tank.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
I think you need to research the nitrogen cycle and how it works, because if you did you would understand why what your attempting to do is a bad idea. I agree with the other posters and if you really don’t want to run a filter then you might be better off with beta fish for that 5 gallon tank.
agree listen to this guy

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
This might be one of the worst posts I've ever read.. please start reading about fish and their requirements.. you seem to think fish need water and that's it ...I can't even imagine feeding a fish sausage and what it would do to the water if you left it there.. some people can get by with common sense and some can't

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
This might be one of the worst posts I've ever read.. please start reading about fish and their requirements.. you seem to think fish need water and that's it ...I can't even imagine feeding a fish sausage and what it would do to the water if you left it there.. some people can get by with common sense and some can't
agreed roasted

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
Everyone starts somewhere, a filter bigger than your 5 gal tank is needed even for a small redtail. You need to do research, your pet shop should not even be selling you these fish. One of my old school buddies had a 3 foot tank he stocked with a channel cat and a wells catfish.

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
I am sorry if i offend but this is why i have a phobia of posting a thread in mfk...... Just the fear of getting stomped by someone or everyone. I have seen those dramas especially the one where this one guy wanted to keep a stingray in like a 40 gallon breeder like damn the beating that guy taken was awful. But i do understand if someone gets annoyed by something like this. For the one posting this thread, hang in there. Sorry

Exactly,no point in constantly flaming the guy.Help him out or move on.
Krichardson you are one patient man

Reactions: Chicxulub

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I am sorry if i offend but this is why i have a phobia of posting a thread in mfk...... Just the fear of getting stomped by someone or everyone. I have seen those dramas especially the one where this one guy wanted to keep a stingray in like a 40 gallon breeder like damn the beating that guy taken was awful. But i do understand if someone gets annoyed by something like this. For the one posting this thread, hang in there. Sorry

Krichardson you are one patient man
Hah!....thanks.I feel that we need to help encourage new and inexperienced fishkeepers rather than beat up on and chase them off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store