3 out of my 4 it with verying levels of stable

31CC53FD-E472-4CBC-A6FD-EED7433356C4.jpeg

Reactions: FunWow!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
The big one is the clear alpha of the group and the others don’t want to challenge him, so he doesn’t have to prove himself. Once in a while my crenicichla venezuela shoos them away but they don’t want any part of him and every other fish jusy minds their own business.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Rock with them as long as they are willing to play nice.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
The big one is the clear alpha of the group and the others don’t want to challenge him, so he doesn’t have to prove himself. Once in a while my crenicichla venezuela shoos them away but they don’t want any part of him and every other fish jusy minds their own business.
Your lucky to have them fall in order like that. My group don't care on size. I have small dats strike my biggest without thinking twice and he’s a lot bigger then them. Your pike is probably the real alpha and that’s probably why my small guys do what they do cause my pikes rule them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oddly,or maybe not lol, my biggest indo in my group of four is the most moody and timid of them.There are days when it will sulk in a corner and will then move out to eat the falling pellets with the others only to allow itself to be pushed and shoved aside by the smaller dats as they snap up the food
I dont get much squabbling out of them and that might be due them being together for so long.One of them does have a "v" shaped tail fin due to some long ago fight with one of the others.The fin seems to have healed that way and will probably remain so.

Durio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2018
anyone have issues with light, my Dats wont move if light comes on, I've dimmed it using foil with small holes and they don't like the red parrots I put in. getting big tho.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Mine are more active with the lights off but still come out and about with the lights on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store