MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
It's not a pet without a name

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Great names guys, I'll keep them in mind. Haven't settled on anything yet.

Tried feeding a frozen thawed meal today and left the rat in there. He's roamed around all over the place and has zero interest. I've read that you can leave it in the enclosure over night and they should eat it. I'll try that and if he hasn't then I'll throw the rat out and try later in the week.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Snake didn't eat. He doesn't seem stressed at all either. I've had him a week now so he should be hungry. They fed him on a thursday, shipped him the next monday, and I got him last tuesday. So tomorrow will be 2 weeks since he has eaten. Might have to try live.

This is why I don't have ball pythons. I love them but I've never gotten a good eater. I don't have enough snakes to thaw out a rat and feed it to another. I have a little 2ft kingsnake and that's it. Not giving up lol.. way too soon for that, just disapointed it didn't eat. My kingsnake, my wife named her pepper, has me spoiled. She has NEVER turned down a meal and would eat a rubber boot if I offered it to her.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Snake didn't eat. He doesn't seem stressed at all either. I've had him a week now so he should be hungry. They fed him on a thursday, shipped him the next monday, and I got him last tuesday. So tomorrow will be 2 weeks since he has eaten. Might have to try live.

This is why I don't have ball pythons. I love them but I've never gotten a good eater. I don't have enough snakes to thaw out a rat and feed it to another. I have a little 2ft kingsnake and that's it. Not giving up lol.. way too soon for that, just disapointed it didn't eat. My kingsnake, my wife named her pepper, has me spoiled. She has NEVER turned down a meal and would eat a rubber boot if I offered it to her.
I read thru the thread but I cant recall, was it taking dead food? It is a small miracle that any snake eats dead food. *funny side note*
CNN recently reported that Burmese pythons in the Everglades, "consume animals AND vegetation"...lol

Yes, they did eventually, bury a * at the bottom, but....just lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store