Stunting

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I know the type of people you cannot tell them anything they allready “know” everything. It sounds like to me that you do not live on your own and while you’re under your parents roof you’ll have to follow their rules until you can move out... I would suggest getting into smaller species of fish if you can’t have a big tank then you do not need to keep monster fish in small tanks.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I know the type of people you cannot tell them anything they allready “know” everything. It sounds like to me that you do not live on your own and while you’re under your parents roof you’ll have to follow their rules until you can move out... I would suggest getting into smaller species of fish if you can’t have a big tank then you do not need to keep monster fish in small tanks.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
my father
I need to prove him wrong, before he potentially flips out when i get a huge tank / pond.
Any facts that anyone here can share to prove him wrong?
I live in a seperate house from him so he can't boss me around that much
if you are living in your own house, you are the boss...
The thing is that the big tank will be made in like 2 years since this is a rent house which my mother is planning on buying it,[/QUOTE
Hello; First thing is so far some opinions have been given about big fish and small tanks. While I also tend to think fish need to be kept in tanks much larger than the max size of a fish, these opinions are not facts. Facts are such as A large pacu being kept in a tank only at best about twice as long as the fish in a shop in Knoxville TN for years. I do not know about WC and other cleaning schedule but it has been done.

That it has been done and in fact can be done does not mean I like such a practice. However I do like being able to run my tanks any way that suits me.

I am old and may be much older than your father. I have in the past run tanks much the way your father appears to be doing now. I have seen others do much the same. Somehow I evolved in my fish keeping practices to the point of having very low density stocking. While I no longer keep high density stocking or big fish in small tanks, the fact is it can and has been done. You may have opinion on your side but your father has some "facts" on his side.

Now don't bash me pls i know a place where i can donate
Pls don't get furious i beg you.
I'll say one more time please don't crucify me
Hello; My take is you are a bit too concerned about this potential criticism. Run your tanks the way you want. If someone tells you some legit things about why a setup will have problems then consider and make adjustments that make sense to you.
Also begging for consideration on this forum may backfire. Not sure they are around still but some members like to pounce just because they get the opportunity.

The thing is that the big tank will be made in like 2 years since this is a rent house which my mother is planning on buying it,
hello; One observation and a guess. The deal seems to be mainly in your mothers arena as it is a separate house. While it is nice to keep both parents happy, sometimes that cannot be done.

I guess even tho your fish tanks are not at your fathers house that you are not out and on your own exactly. Good luck with the parental units.

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
I made another thread about getting fish that actually fits in my fiberglass tub, so check it out if you don't mind. My mother is very nice and will allow me to have bigger tubs to house the fish, the problem is my father is the one setting them up for me. Yes this is embarrassing and because of his point of view, well pretty much i can't get bigger tubs since i'll have to get this approval to do so. Once again, embarrassing

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Honestly looks like your stuck until your on your own. Keep what your able. Save up your money and when you get out on your own do what you want.

Just a quick Google of truth about stunting and your fish
http://injaf.org/the-think-tank/do-fish-grow-to-the-size-of-their-tank/

You can lead a horse to water....but you can't drown it? Something like that

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Thanks. I guess those pouncy members are really " predatory" should i say
Don't be afraid of malevolent people and don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're telling the truth you have no reason to fear what some people may say. If someone does criticize you, don't take it personally. If what they're saying is true, recognize that and implement it into your life. If anything, constructive criticism should warrant gratitude, not fear.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
the problem is my father is the one setting them up for me. Yes this is embarrassing and because of his point of view, well pretty much i can't get bigger tubs since i'll have to get this approval to do so. Once again, embarrassing
Hello; may I ask why you are not able to set up the tank/tubs yourself? Young age, physical limitations or simply you have to get permission.

appak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2014
toronto
This entire thread hurts my brain, and has lowered my opinion of humanity in general.

And further:

1. Don't call out your parents, especially on the internet. Show some respect.
2. To everyone replying that your dad is stupid, etc - you show some respect as well.

Maybe I'm just starting to get old and irritable...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store