King of the hill has lost his throne

JuniorMonsterKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My dominant red zebra male has lost his status to my albino red zebra male and has taken this change hard. For last 2 weeks they coexisted perfectly - the albino (whitey bulged) assumed the Center of the tank and maui as I call him assumed the right side of the tank. I had finally got them to cease the chasing and fighting took a lot of interference on my part but they coexisted and ate together even on multiple occasions could be found treading water together chasing other fish around. But today I ve noticed a new behaviour. I’m use to seeing females or sub dominant males floating in corners face down but never face up. Any insight as I already have an idea of stress and plan to grab some more females for them both
76F89F69-8E3C-4558-8ACF-B515FFFF508A.jpeg

JuniorMonsterKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Forgot to say that if I approach he quickly flattens out and swims off And no one is pecking at him or chasing him to this position and no one is pestering him while he is in this position.

JuniorMonsterKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Add some fake plants so he doesnt have to see his rival all the time.
I ve tried plants real and fake - real ones didn’t take and survive was hard for me to get the 125 to sustain real plants and the fake ones got dug up and my bichirs and other cichlids would uproot them all the time I’m goin to rescape the tanks and build up the rock work and try to wedge some y’all grass inside the rock work will leave it in pots.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store