Aug 31, 2010
New York
I'm getting cell cast plastic that measures
Bottom Base (94x46)
front and back (94x11.875),and
left and right sides (45.25x11.875)

basically i'm look at a 94Lx46Wx12H acrylic aquarium. My questions are:
Does the measurements make sense?

I'm looking at doing 3/8 inch thickness, would that work? or do i need to go thicker, its very affordable this thickness.

Do I use weldon 3 or 4. which would be better.

Thanks everyone. my first project

wannadivesteve

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2015
Oregon
So is this going to be a frag tank?

My only suggestion is save some acrylic for some bracing. I’m not sure how well a 94 inch run of acrylic will resist bowing even if it’s a shallow depth.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington

My only suggestion is save some acrylic for some bracing. I’m not sure how well a 94 inch run of acrylic will resist bowing even if it’s a shallow depth.
Agreed. It will bow like crazy even at that height but it’s possible. I’ve seen people do it with 1/4” as well. I wouldn’t personally because monsters are hard on seams/tanks but the answer is yes it’s possible.

sturgeonlover

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2010
New York

the plan was for me to buy enough sheets where I can make 2 of them, one for starting a frag system, the other for our width loving monsters.

my only concern was the thickness... do you guys feel comfortable with the 3/8s? or should i go bigger? I like to play it safe.

sturgeonlover

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2010
New York
Agreed. It will bow like crazy even at that height but it’s possible. I’ve seen people do it with 1/4” as well. I wouldn’t personally because monsters are hard on seams/tanks but the answer is yes it’s possible.
my only concern was the thickness... do you guys feel comfortable with the 3/8s? or should i go bigger? I like to play it safe.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I usually lean on the double up side and would use 1/2”. My stocks round on tanks though. A lot of sumps are 3/8” and work just fine so it is possible. Somebody else may have one with that thickness with feedback

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store