These are NTT... Right?

banesbane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
United States
Hi all,

Stopped by the LFS today and saw they had "ST Datnoids" for sale - juvies.

These are 110% NTT right? They're priced unreasonably high for NTT, but having had a few NTT juvies I'd say that's what they are.

Sorry the pictures are crap - I spent way too long trying to get good pics, but the datnoid stare means that getting pictures of the bars is difficult...

20180526_122107.jpg 20180526_122117.jpg 20180526_122129.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,ST hunh....how much were they?
The first photo looks like it could be a NTT though it's bar are rather thick.

banesbane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
United States
Lol,ST hunh....how much were they?
The first photo looks like it could be a NTT though it's bar are rather thick.

they were asking $90. I've paid $90 for NTTs at 6 inches though, not the .75 - 1 inch that these guys are.

I've never seen a juvenile ST (have many people?) So it's hard to say.

A couple of them did look like they had the "hooking" or angling that STs have...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
they were asking $90. I've paid $90 for NTTs at 6 inches though, not the .75 - 1 inch that these guys are.

I've never seen a juvenile ST (have many people?) So it's hard to say.

A couple of them did look like they had the "hooking" or angling that STs have...
I am almost certain that they are not pulchers.There have been rumblings and rumors of ST being captive bred.I'd like to believe it but I have not seen any proof of such claims.....they certainly would not make it to the US for such a small amount of money.Old large pulchers are going for five thousand dollars!

banesbane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
United States
Right, I've heard those same rumblings and would fully expect juveniles to sell for $1K+ each.

I know this particular store imports directly and has been able to get cool stock in the past (they have a couple of clean 3 bar indos atm, and plenty of other non-datnoid oddities) but I highly doubt they would be the first shipment of pulchers the US would get.

Hopefully we can get some sent to the farmers in Florida someday, so they can start working on captive breeding.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hopefully we can get some sent to the farmers in Florida someday, so they can start working on captive breeding.
Yes,if there ever was a fish that the market needs to be flooded with captive bred juveniles of it is certainly the pulcher....where is this shop located,if you don't mind?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Other side of the country.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store