Current USA LED lights

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I had a question on the remote settings.
I have a 46 gallon bowfront with the 36" current USA led lights.
The tank will have a freshwater angler fish and dozens of giant marimo balls, anubias, java ferns and java moss on driftwood.
Can someone let me know the best settings on the remote and for how many hours a day to have these plants all flourish!
I am also using seachem flourish and will have a few pothos.
Thanks in advance mfk'er plant guys much appreciated.
At the moment I have the remote on the sun setting in the day and them moonlights at night.
Also I have a 36" Seastar blue led single strip. Is there a way I can utilize that light at night without creating to much algae on the anubias leaves?

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
After reading about the current led lights on some other dedicated planted forums I am thinking I made a mistake buying these lights.
I read that they dont penetrate deep enough even for marimo balls and other low light plants.
I will wait a week and possibly return for something better for plants.
Or join a planted tank forum and get serious about this.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I'm not a true water planted tank guy but I've used the vivagrow finnex 24/7 knock offs with a lot of success. I just run on 24/7 mode or if with normal lights I ramp them up to achieve the same thing. I've grown the plants your talking about in a 75 with the 48" until something ripped everything up

Now I've used these lights on vivariumss for yrs and they do extremely well with a variety of plants.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
One slight off topic question. Do you have a thread on a fw angler fish or can direct me to a good spot to get info? I thought they were all sw and high end brack

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Thanks so much I impulse bought hundreds of dollars of plants with mi clue on lighting. Figured since they were all low light plants it would be easy to grow them with success.
I have been still reading up on the Anglers I got my info from a couple YouTube videos!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have a Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus for my 75g and it's definitely not a great plant light. I have Finnex Planted+ lights on my other planted tanks and they work well. However, they are pretty slim lights so if you have a depth of 18" I would suggest 2 lights.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Thanks Ben so nice to hear from you!
I am hoping the current usa will work since I have just marimo balls, java moss and anubias.
What do you think the best setting is for those low light plants? Now I have the yellow button with purple 8 hours a day with pipa frogs and fourish.
I will look into those finnex also for additional lighting!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Ben so nice to hear from you!
I am hoping the current usa will work since I have just marimo balls, java moss and anubias.
What do you think the best setting is for those low light plants? Now I have the yellow button with purple 8 hours a day with pipa frogs and fourish.
I will look into those finnex also for additional lighting!
It's been so long since I've looked at the remote, lol! I remember that I use the settings with the highest on the reds and greens. I think it's the yellow button as well. If not, I just turn up the reds, greens, and whites on high.

Reactions: amazontank

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Yes after a little more research I did I ended up downloading the current remote specs and the yellow is all systems at 100% and the main button for planted tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store