Sick Flowerhorn. Not sure what to do!

A.J.7¿7

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2018
my 3” blue Flowerhorn got attacked by my Oscar in a 125g tank. I think he got scratched on a rock in the tank because he has pretty deep cuts down his side.

I separated my Oscar and put him in a 75g by himself, but the Flowerhorn kept getting worse. The scratches turned red and he started spinning around in a circle almost looking confused.

As soon as I saw this I removed the Flowerhorn out of the 125 and put him in a 20g hospital tank.

Since removing him from the 125 he has been spinning around at the bottom of the tank.(constantly spinning right).
I have been treating with melifix and maracyn-two. His cuts are healing good but the spinning and staying curled up remains.

Any ideas what this could be?

4FE86E72-8B91-4614-BBA3-223BE90C0FCE.jpeg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Spinning and curling are the result of bacterial infection (redness of wound) to his system. Since you already started Maracyn-2, I would continue on per the directions before switching to something different. I would stop melafix for now. The only other antibiotic medication that you could add with Maracyn-2 is Maracyn-1.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

A.J.7¿7

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2018
Spinning and curling are the result of bacterial infection (redness of wound) to his system. Since you already started Maracyn-2, I would continue on per the directions before switching to something different. I would stop melafix for now. The only other antibiotic medication that you could add with Maracyn-2 is Maracyn-1.
Than
Thank you

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

A.J.7¿7

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2018
The wound is starting to heal up nicely but he still wont eat, and he looks like hes slowly fading away.
I did notice some white spots or "specks" at the base of his left pectoral fin.

any other suggestions?

vivekraj304

Feeder Fish
Dec 28, 2018
hi my flowehorn's white pearl markings below the eye are suddenly turning red like its infected or something..pls if anyone is familiar with this kindly suggest a remedy..below is a picture. the above ones shows the red markings and below ones are when it was fine and had pearl strings

IMG_1546020838538.png

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
hi my flowehorn's white pearl markings below the eye are suddenly turning red like its infected or something..pls if anyone is familiar with this kindly suggest a remedy..below is a picture. the above ones shows the red markings and below ones are when it was fine and had pearl strings

View attachment 1351273
Try a little triple sulfa.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store