Short Body Blue Convict/HRP Cross

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I saw these guys at my lfs labeled as "Parrot Blue Convict Cichlid" and thought they were very cool as i had never seen them before .

Im never hesitant whether there us any parrot in them at all . My best guess is a cross between a short body convict and a honduran red point .

None the less. Very cool, and I picked up 3. 2 seem to have already paired off .

Opinions? Has anyone else kept these before?

Screenshot_2018-06-19-08-32-00.png

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Most likely shortbody convicts. Have seen these in the hobby for years called "jellybean convicts". They are bred for the shortbody deformity, probably not crossed with parrots.

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
It might had crossed to a parrot before, I have convicts awhile back together with my parrot fish and theres few instances that male convicts was pairing with the parrot and off springs looks like this but a bit darker and some comes out like a dirty parrot.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Thanks for your input! Do you still have any of the photos from those offspring?
It might had crossed to a parrot before, I have convicts awhile back together with my parrot fish and theres few instances that male convicts was pairing with the parrot and off springs looks like this but a bit darker and some comes out like a dirty parrot.

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
I might, I will dig it up its about 4-5 years. The rest of the convicts I gave it to a MFK member when I shut my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store