hi all!

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
hi MFK members, I'm Brad. I stumbled upon here researching bichirs over the last couple days and learned more then I imagined I would. today I brought two little senegals home. I also have two axolotls and have had piranha in the past. one of my bichir has no front fins, looks like they were bit off. I'll be talking to my lfs about it, but he will be staying with me, I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
hi MFK members, I'm Brad. I stumbled upon here researching bichirs over the last couple days and learned more then I imagined I would. today I brought two little senegals home. I also have two axolotls and have had piranha in the past. one of my bichir has no front fins, looks like they were bit off. I'll be talking to my lfs about it, but he will be staying with me, I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Welcome aboard Brad!:)

I'm a Senegal Bichir keeper myself nice of you to still keep the poly with the missing fins. Hopefully they will grow back.

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
thanks for the welcome! I had to join just from all that I learned, so thank you all. I just wouldn't feel right taking him back, not that my lfs is bad, but it's not a toy. if they grow back cool, if not he seems to get around just fine and has already eaten his first snack of some bloodworms just fine. and the two I got get along just fine so I don't thing it happened while they were bagged together.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yes I adopted to Lapradei Polys with eye deformities but otherwise very healthy.
If you have any questions about the Polypterus just start a new thread Forum Ancient Fish Polypterus and you will be bombarded with support.:)

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
that's awesome, it just makes them unique right?! I have a few days of just reading the forums under polypteris. I think I'm on like page 10. lol. I'm sure I will be posting as I'm new to them and want to provide the best for them. thank you again!

oh, and I seen on your profile you're from the same state I am! lol

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
that's awesome, it just makes them unique right?! I have a few days of just reading the forums under polypteris. I think I'm on like page 10. lol. I'm sure I will be posting as I'm new to them and want to provide the best for them. thank you again!

oh, and I seen on your profile you're from the same state I am! lol

Great! Another Ohioan.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store