06/2018 rare fish price list!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Catfish

Synodontis angelicus 4" true pure bred, captive bred, free of internal parasites. These have been gone from the hobby for many years. Jet black with polkadots. Very cool fish $75.00 each

Synodontis granulosus 3" the most sought after Synodontis out there. $125.00 each. Only one left., all the rest have been exported to Japan or sold. Also have 2 short bodied ones, picked out of the many in the group, perfect proportion, 2" big. black with white edged fins. $250.00 each
Brachyplatystoma tigrinum - Tigrinus catfish. This iconic fish needs no introduction. Probably one of the most sought after and striking display for a freshwater aquarium. 5-6" $175.00 each
Liobagrus sp. -crazy head catfish from China, max around 7" will hide and eat and hide. but super cool worm like fish. 5" $45.00 each
pseudauchenipterus nodosus - coco soda cat from Suriname. Rarely available in the US. will swim in the current and eat pellets. Max size 14" These are currently 4-5" big., $75.00 each

Cichlids

Cichla kelberi 3-4" captive bred "bahia" gold eating pellets with gusto,
$40.00 each

Crenicichla multispinossa 13" each, giants. Only 2 available
$145.00 each

Geophagus taeniopareius smaller cousin with stripe on the face. 3-3.5" big right now., max around 6" $35.00 each

Hoplarchus psittacus - Parrot cichlid. Not a parrot fish! These are green giant monsters from the Rio Negro., can reach the size of a dinner plate. with red throat. Delicate and docile, but will eat smaller fish. 5" body $75.00 each
Heros sp. 3.5" captive bred super red ones high quality, brighter red than red parrots, great peaceful fish that can grow to 8" disc. These are better color and quality than any ones you'll find in the USA $30.00 each

Perch like fish

Siniperca chuatsi 6" thick body size $150.00 each good condition

Epinephelus lanceolatus - giant Queensland grouper. Will grow to 8 feet or so max, probably a bit smaller in captivity. Don't worry, these were captive bred animals, otherwise destined for restaurants. So buying them, keeping them, is saving them, even if it means you'll only be able to house them for one year, its still better than them being butchered. 3" babies, very nice markings, can live in brackish, as their parents were grown in brackish. Or you can convert them into marine water, let them think they've made it into the ocean. When small they swim like a clown fish, wagging their tails. sold out $100.00 each

Barbs / Cyprinids

Spinibarbus denticulatus - 2" $25.00 each. These barbs start turning green with red face and fins around 8-10" and reach a max of 18" just stunning and great peaceful mix in large predatory community., they will hold their own. tolerates wide range of temperatures

Sinibotia pulchra, and robusta, these are active loaches, green zebra like pattern, max size around 6", can tolerate cold water. will eat anything $25.00 each

Homatula potanini 3-4" can grow to 6"
brown ones $15.00 each
pied ones $45.00 each
gold ones / albino / leucistic $75.00 each only a few
these are active swimmers, constantly looking for food, easy to keep. reddish tail, brown body with some black spots. super cool

Characins

Hoplias aimara 7" one piece only. eat cut fish readily $450.00
This is the ultimate predator, from Suriname, will bite your hand if you're not paying attention.
Hydrocynus vittatus 5" eating pellets but one eye damaged/blind. $35.00 takes it for local pick up only. Shipping must be combined with other fish.
the real Dorado True Salminus brasiliensis 6" babies, eating cut fish and training to eat pellets. these have the big round head and will turn bright gold, just arrived with my Argentina plecos, the real deal. Different than the Brazillian imported ones with the pointy face and get less yellow. these are like goliaths of the dorado with a huge mouth that is pretty obvious, don't miss out. $100.00 each, discount for 5 or more

Super rare silver dollar from Suriname
Myloplus rhomboidalis - with black dorsal and silver anal fin 4" body very limited numbers $125.00 each.

Hydrolycus armatus "giant sabertooth" these are not like the little ones that die easily. These will reach about 36" in an aquarium., and can live for a long time ! They can easily be trained to take strips of fish. This is the beginning of the season. 4" size range $100.00 each
Myleus sp. "Black berry" These are A grade ones, with clean black markings and very red fins., about half dollar size $100.00 each.

Bottom dwellers
CW 147 cory, Scleromystax cf. "kornei" captive bred, free of disease., super gorgeous and rare
Corydoras undulatus true 1.25" $35.00 each they turn bronze with gold flecks.
Corydoras pantanalensis Rare ! 1.75" little swimming gold nuggets! One of the most sought after and colorful cories. These get large! $75.00 each limited supply

L134 Leopard frog - Peckoltia compta . Super nice, rare even in the wild or export. These are organic, environmentally friendly, F1. about 2-3" size $55.00 each Super nice ones

Hypostomus luteus 15" phase 2.5 mostly gold with some black and spots on the head. Please inquire if serious and pictures will be provided. These are super rare and amazing show piece. They can live with stingrays and will not scratch acrylic tanks.

Pseudacanthicus serratus "Suriname black monster" pleco. Jet black monsters, the king of the spiny plecos. These have been quarantined, and cured.

10" specimen $350.00 only one left.

Oddballs

Propterus aethiopicus - giant African lung fish 8" babies $75.00 each

Tetradon mbu "giant" gentle puffers, can reach 36" in captivity and will not usually bother other fish nor will they eat small fish. These are pure freshwater. 6" babies $175.00 each

Tetradon schoutedni 3" robust babies, these are like spotted puffers, but pure freshwater from Congo., they were missing from the hobby for about 20 years, and just recently rediscovered. They can live with each other and do well in planted tanks. Available only a couple times a year
$125.00 each

Platycephalus indicus 5" big, eating cut fish and of course anything live that moves off the bottom. $75.00 each only 2 pieces available.

Tetraroge barbata "coming soon" ultra odd freshwater scorpion fish from Sulawesi. I have 2 in a planted tank for a few months already.

Caranx ignobilis 3" Giant trevally. in low brackish. I have raised some to 16" in my 700 gallon tank that I've had for over one year. $45.00 each.

Colomesus psittacus 3" eating cut shrimp and everything. only 3 pieces available $75.00 each These are the giant zebra puffers from South America.

Gymnothorax polyuranodon - I've kept them in pure fresh for years., my customer kept them with discus. Current study states they do not go into Marine water. Some never even enter brackish water. This is one of the only true moray eels that do this. I've had some 48 inch ones in the past. They are currently eating cut fish eagerly.

10-12" $100.00 each
14-16" $150.00 each

Current status: Valid as Gymnothorax polyuranodon (Bleeker 1854). Muraenidae: Muraeninae. Distribution: Indo-West Pacific: Sri Lanka east to Palau and Fiji, north to Philippines and Taiwan, south to northern Australia and New Caledonia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.

Neopomacentrus taeniurus 2-3" big, true freshwater damsels. eating pellets and brine shrimp. $45.00 each

Current status: Valid as Neopomacentrus taeniurus (Bleeker 1856). Pomacentridae. Distribution: East Africa and Madagascar east to Vanuatu and New Caledonia, north to Ryukyu Islands. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine
Apogon hyalosoma 3-5" big, huge mouth, predatory, prefers pieces of shrimp, and small fish. A true freshwater cardinal fish! $45.00 each Rare if ever offered in the USA.
Current status: Valid as Yarica hyalosoma (Bleeker 1852). Apogonidae: Apogoninae. Distribution: Eastern Indian Ocean, western Pacific: Andaman Sea east to Philippines and Fiji, south to Queensland (Australia) and New Caledonia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.
Lutjanus goldei - 2.5" the True New Guinea Black Bass
I may be able to get a couple more later this year., stay tuned and get on the waiting list.
Adults inhabit large freshwater streams. Not reliably reported from marine habitats but may occur in estuaries. Larval stages are probably marine.
Lutjanus argentimaculatus 2" babies, can reach 36" in the wild. Have freshwater landlocked populations in Australia. They turn maroon red when bigger. These are not the Florida mangrove snappers. $45.00 each
We also have access to some of the first captive bred potamotrygon boesemani in the USA. AAA quality high end black diamonds and some wild boesemani rays as well. Can be arranged to be shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com

shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.
For larger orders or larger fish, air cargo is a must., minimum order $500 for air cargo shipments.

If this is your first time ordering, please read!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

Our original fish journal on Monsterfishkeepers.com! MFK rules!

Like us on Facebook, pictures of past and present collection and rare fish finds from the net!

Our blog full of travel pictures, fish, food, and some rants!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

PB058716.JPG IMG_7703.JPG IMG_9841.jpg IMG_9984.jpg IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0540.jpg IMG_0579.jpg IMG_0639.jpg IMG_0651.jpg

Last edited:

RedTigrinus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
MA
Do you think you'll get anymore granulosus? I have been looking for them for years, but I'd like more than 1.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I pm'd and emailed with no response. Wanna get 2 schoutedeni...please back to me.
Wait as Wes maybe busy. He will get back to you.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
You're right...he got back to me. Good guy...just wish he had more schoutedeni. The one I have is lonely and needs some tankmates
Can message monster aquarium on fb. I think he posted some schoutedeni. He’ll deliver.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store