Geophagus Sveni

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Ahhhh, so YOU'RE the one who bought them all up! I had similar intentions but the early bird gets the worm.... ;)

They look great. I hope they thrive for you!

Reactions: jandb

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Even if they don't I will survive just fine. They are often at the mercy of their suppliers. Sometimes stuff comes in on a regular basis and sometimes it's just a one-off. I got my hands on some G. abalios though, and am hopeful for G. sp. "Red Head Tapajos."

How are yours doing in the bare-bottomed quarantine tank? I've been wondering how they manage without sand substrate to sift, but that's obviously not practical in a hospital setup.

Reactions: jandb

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Even if they don't I will survive just fine. They are often at the mercy of their suppliers. Sometimes stuff comes in on a regular basis and sometimes it's just a one-off. I got my hands on some G. abalios though, and am hopeful for G. sp. "Red Head Tapajos."

How are yours doing in the bare-bottomed quarantine tank? I've been wondering how they manage without sand substrate to sift, but that's obviously not practical in a hospital setup.
I agree there. The others are cool too for sure.

They’ve been fine once they settled in. I have them split between 3 tanks. They were skittish for the first week or so but now greet me when I walk by knowing they’re going to eat.

Reactions: Serpentine
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store