POST PICS OF YOUR PLANTS AND PLANTED TANKS HERE

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
IMG_7263.JPG
Fauna: 1x baby shubunkin vieltail goldfish. (Named Pizza)
Flora: Water Caltrops, Christmas tree moss, 2 types of hornwort, wandering jew, english ivy, some type of willow (original leaves died, but it's growing new ones.)

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Someone mentioned how they don't like the livebearers. I think the tank is nice though, all live plants?
Yup. I'm actually trying to find more of these Platys to diversify their DNA. There's already some that have been coming out deformed.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yup. I'm actually trying to find more of these Platys to diversify their DNA. There's already some that have been coming out deformed.
Oh dear. You could always breed your own strain out :D

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Oh dear. You could always breed your own strain out :D
Yeah. I was thinking of doing that...it's just going to take awhile before I can move them around. I need to switch around 2 tanks to break down a 3rd tank and that's when I can move the Platys.:confused:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yeah. I was thinking of doing that...it's just going to take awhile before I can move them around. I need to switch around 2 tanks to break down a 3rd tank and that's when I can move the Platys.:confused:
Or you could just mix in some fresh blood?

I must be careful with my new killis to prevent too much inbreeding from happening!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Or you could just mix in some fresh blood?

I must be careful with my new killis to prevent too much inbreeding from happening!
I've been looking for some new blood, but oddly enough, they're kind of hard to find...at least good stock anyways. I've been to a few lfs that have them, but they're either really small for the asking price or they're sick. So the search continues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store