Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They can be solitary or run in packs of upwards of fifty animals, bigger packs tend to form where food is more abundant
I don't think are any coyotes in my general area but there have been recent claims of yote sightings in some of the surrounding counties.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Most coyote claims around here turn out to be dogs or foxes. Last week some genius told to come see a coyote, and it was a turkey! Come on, it's got 2 legs!!!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Most coyote claims around here turn out to be dogs or foxes. Last week some genius told to come see a coyote, and it was a turkey! Come on, it's got 2 legs!!!
City slickers lol

Teacher: what has 2 legs, wings and goes gobble gobble!
Kid: coyote!
Teacher: slaps kid with book

Reactions: J. H.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
RIP.

we have plenty of coyotes here. along with bears deer elk, bob cats and cougars/mountain lions.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Hello Imabot; In place of saying something crude and insulting such as some of your statements are stupid, let me try tp point out how they are wrong.
First is that when a person sneaks in they are not vetted at all.

Hello; The interesting part of your argument being that you are not willing to consider the experience of a person with actual experience with the actual society in question. I can not look into the mind nor the heart of an individual any more than you can but the general social norms of a place can be known.
I also seem to recall from news stories about USA areas with high densities of mid east immigrants that they do indeed try to get the laws changed to reflect their favored social belief systems. That is not assimilation into our society the way I understand assimilation.
Fair enough on the sneaking in and vetted part.

If I go to Europe on a vacation a few times, am I now a expert on Europe and all their various social norms? The middle east is not one big monolithic society like you implied. There are several ethnic groups like the Kurds,Baluchis, Bedouins, Persians, Azeris, and so on who share differing values and social traditions just like the rest of the world.

I am guessing you are referring to Sharia. I doubt that this is happening on a large scale or if it is, it would be struck down in the courts as illegal.

You are aware that it is in the Presidents powered to handle immigration how ever he sees fit. AND it's his JOB to be selective and NOT allow people in that are from certain countries. Being a citizen isn't a right it's a privilege.

All of this asylum talk doesn't make sense either. In fact anyone needing asylum from the mid East should NOT be allowed to get in. We should (not must)help them but we can easily set up refugee camps in nuetral areas. In the past 50yrs we have not gotten anything right in that region now we are going to pretend that we know who the good guys are and let them take over a place like minnesota...and what happens if we get it wrong ?
Nope, no one can ban middle eastern people from immigrating because of their national origin. "Title VII is violated whenever citizenship discrimination has the "purpose or effect" of discriminating on the basis of national origin.[138] For example, a citizenship requirement would be unlawful if it is a "pretext" for national origin discrimination, or if it is part of a wider scheme of national origin discrimination.[139] Although Title VII applies regardless of immigration status or authorization to work, employers are prohibited by the immigration laws from hiring individuals who are not authorized to work.[140]"

Foreign policy and vetting potential immigrants are two whole different ball games. "The U.S. visa vetting system is one of the world’s toughest. Applicants’ biographic data, photographs, and fingerprints are collected and screened against a range of national security databases that contain millions of entries and include classified information from federal, state, local, and foreign governments. Applicants must provide voluminous documentation to verify their identities and backgrounds. Immigrant visa applicants – those applying to stay permanently in the U.S. – are generally subject to more scrutiny than temporary visa applicants, including a medical examination and other screenings."

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
QUOTE="skjl47, post: 7947546, member: 90622"]I can not look into the mind nor the heart of an individual any more than you can but the general social norms of a place can be known.[/QUOTE]

The middle east is not one big monolithic society like you implied.
Hello; I do not know how many times a person needs to go to and be in a place to become an expert. Maybe a lot of trips or maybe just one if you stay long enough and pay attention. At any rate my comment was about knowing the general norms. My guess is the general norms can be known of without even being in the place, but I also bet it helps a whole lot.
By the way thanks for granting me the new skill to imply so much from such a small comment.

I am guessing you are referring to Sharia. I doubt that this is happening on a large scale or if it is, it would be struck down in the courts as illegal.
Hello; Yes it likely was Sharia law they are trying to impose here in the USA. (See even you can know of a foreign societies general norms) It has been a while since hearing of the USA community where this was going on so I cannot say for sure how successful the attempt was. That said our courts have not been handing out rulings that I always see eye to eye with so I would not be so confident about them were I you.

[

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store