Largemouth Bass

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
I’ve kept a few, they are pretty easy to pellet train and you can really bulk them up when they get a good eating routine. They do get pretty boring as they grow, mine would just loaf around all day, really took the thrill out of the whole thing. If you’ve never kept them, Smallmouths are really fun, they like current and swim like crazy, plus they mow down pellets. So much more active and interesting to watch. Maybe you could add one with your setup, it would juxtapose well with the largemouth.

Morgan reichert

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2018
I’ve kept a few, they are pretty easy to pellet train and you can really bulk them up when they get a good eating routine. They do get pretty boring as they grow, mine would just loaf around all day, really took the thrill out of the whole thing. If you’ve never kept them, Smallmouths are really fun, they like current and swim like crazy, plus they mow down pellets. So much more active and interesting to watch. Maybe you could add one with your setup, it would juxtapose well with the largemouth.
That is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
A good fish, largemouths get from roughly 13 to over 36 inches long.
Diet can include: fish (never goldfish), earthworms,pellets,grasshoppers,cicadas,crickets,ghost shrimp,crayfish,etc
They are prone to obesity so holding food in your hand and making him chase it appears to be beneficial.

Tankmates:avoid anything that can fit in their mouth or might eat the bass,other than that many tankmates can be kept ,oscars work well.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I could not keep a big mouth/Florida bass, once he got so big I would have to eat em.

:eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store