Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus?

CBashaw

Feeder Fish
Jun 23, 2018
Portland, OR
Hello all! I've come to this forum many times to read up on different topics, it's been very helpful. With a new issue, this is the first place I thought of to bring my concern.

First, background/details:

65g fresh water community tank
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 10
Stocked with dwarf powder blue and flame gouramis, black skirt tetras, pristella tetras, neon tetras, 2 adorable bristlenosed plecos, and albino/bronze cories.

I noticed a new lesion on one of my blue DGs and first thought is iridovirus. :( He is swimming around and eating fine, doesn't seem to be in any kind of distress. I've not had any skin/scale issues in the past, would like advice/opinion on whether this is the DGI or some fungal infection.

Thanks in advance.

0704180945_HDR.jpg 0704180946a_HDR.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello all! I've come to this forum many times to read up on different topics, it's been very helpful. With a new issue, this is the first place I thought of to bring my concern.

First, background/details:

65g fresh water community tank
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 10
Stocked with dwarf powder blue and flame gouramis, black skirt tetras, pristella tetras, neon tetras, 2 adorable bristlenosed plecos, and albino/bronze cories.

I noticed a new lesion on one of my blue DGs and first thought is iridovirus. :( He is swimming around and eating fine, doesn't seem to be in any kind of distress. I've not had any skin/scale issues in the past, would like advice/opinion on whether this is the DGI or some fungal infection.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1323110 View attachment 1323111

I honestly don't know what it is but your water parameters are great. Could he possibly have scraped itself on something in the aquarium?

CBashaw

Feeder Fish
Jun 23, 2018
Portland, OR
I honestly don't know what it is but your water parameters are great. Could he possibly have scraped itself on something in the aquarium?
Thanks for responding! I work hard to keep my parameters in check so the fish do not suffer. =) He's pretty docile and the gouramis pretty much leave each other alone.

I'm going to keep my eye on him, and welcome any insights on what I should do for him.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store