29 gallon tank stock ideas

Cichlid23

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
I’m looking to stock my 29 gallon freshwater tank with some fish that are a little more rare and oddball, any suggestions? I’m open to anything.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hmm for a tank that small, how about a few pea puffers? They are really cool little oddballs. I have one in my planted tank and he is full of character.
These are an available and popular fish. One could definitely keep a bunch in there :)

For me i would go Freshwater pipefish (Doryichthys martensii) , something a bit different
OP is 14, and with all due respect I don't think many teens (myself included) can keep up with the maintenance of fishes such as pipefish. I may be wrong, but as far as I know constant feeding of small live/frozen foods may be needed which is both expensive and sometimes difficult to maintain through things like exams. Just my opinion as a teenager.

My personal suggestions would be pea puffers, a red eye puffer or maybe something like a group of Fundulopanchax killifish (Trust me they are awesome!)

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Because of their proclivity to jump, ive always thought butterflyfish would be great in a large paludarium setup. ive lost every one i ever tried to keep to unsanctioned jumping. They seem almost designed for it and wil literally seek out a tiny hole in your canopy to jump out of.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store