Need help! Input on Dorado ID........

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm going to go ahead and assume that based on what Ive seen so far they seem much more passive then the "golden" Dorado..... I could be wrong, and my be too early to tell, but the only time I've seen missing scales was from hail mary jumps.... 7 of them together for probably close to half a year and I haven't seen 1 tattered fin. Still see no damage at all on any of the Cuda........

I'm wondering if I just haven't found the right food yet? They don't strap on the feed bag - they barely swell after feeding, just don't have the Dorado termperment when it comes to feeding time.

Growth rate has been painfully slow. Only thing Ive ever kept this slow growing is Masheer. I couldn't even slow down my Odoe enough to try them together. Odoe were about the same size when they arrived and waiting 3 weeks they were settled and already had put on enough size that I never even had a chance, and know the Odoe would eat them now.

Build on these fish also strike me as much more slender and elongated when compared to the beefier "golden" guys...... Tails very red, and not even a gold hue to them.....

I really don't see how they could NOT be Hillari from a hobbyist stand point - which is obtain the fish, raise the fish, and draw conclusion..... Obviously could be scientifically argued, but I bet a simple crash course in Dorado distribution would prove based on collection point that they are what we think they are......

Reactions: moe214

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
LOVE IT

In this last video I can see the caudal fin extension (the tail point) and the ocular stripe pretty clearly. These are DEFINITELY hilarii. GREAT puckup bro!

Reactions: moe214

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
LOVE IT

In this last video I can see the caudal fin extension (the tail point) and the ocular stripe pretty clearly. These are DEFINITELY hilarii. GREAT puckup bro!
Thanks Rob for the confirmation! Very happy to have your seal of approval! :)

Now people can be confident if they choose to purchase.... They're already in the country.......

https://www.facebook.com/elsurati

Reactions: Chicxulub

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store