Pectoral fin almost completely gone!! PLEASE HELP!

CrazyFishLady1201

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2017
Panama
My EBJD seems to have torn one of his pectoral fins almost completely off. I’m not sure how this happened, he was normal yesterday and when I went to feed the fish today I found him like this.

It looks like he got his fin caught in something or got into a fight with one of my other fish.

My stock is:

1 3inch EBJD
1 7 inch common pleco
1 4 inch blood parrot cichlid
4 3 inch angelfish
1 adult zebra danio (sole survivior out of 10)

Water parameters are normal and he is eating as usual but he isn’t moving that fin much.

What should I do to help him heal? Is it going to grow back or will he completely lose that fin?

The app won’t let me post pics :(

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
keep up water changes, unless the root of the fin, (think your fingernail ripped all the way back and off including way past the quick) it should grow back just fine. keeping the water pristine well help a great deal for preventing any infection and promoting healing.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
keep up water changes, unless the root of the fin, (think your fingernail ripped all the way back and off including way past the quick) it should grow back just fine. keeping the water pristine well help a great deal for preventing any infection and promoting healing.
+1

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Since you have a young ebjd I thought I'd warn you: never feed them pellets, always feed unprocessed foods

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store