Back in the game

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
image.jpg So after stripping my tank down back in 2015 in preparation for our move to Canada I finally got up and running again. Stayed on the MFK site but only as a quiet reader

Set up 180 gallon with HMF filters-Never done this before but liked the idea and decided to give it a go. Got some wood with some Java Feels and Anubias. Can’t seem to decide the which substrate to use-the selection here in British Columbia is pretty poor compared to what I was used to back in the UK. The fish prices however are cheaper at my local fish store and he seems to be able to get some good oddballs which is great

Tank at the moment has a small Sorubim Lima, 2 P. endlicheri, Leopard Bushfish and a Fire Eel. I’m also soon to introduce 2 Thinbar Dats which the stores is currently holding for me. Plan to add a Florida Gar and then thats my lot

So nice to be back in the game again after a break.

Last edited:

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1324953 So after stripping my tank down back in 2015 in preparation for our move to Canada I finally got up and running again. Stayed on the MFK site but only as a quiet reader

Set up 180 gallon with HMF filters-Never done this before but liked the idea and decided to give it a go. Got some wood with some Java Feels and Anubias. Can’t seem to decide the which substrate to use-the selection here in British Columbia is pretty poor compared to what I was used to back in the UK. The fish prices however are cheaper at my local fish store and he seems to be able to get some good oddballs which is great

Tank at the moment has a small Sorubim Lima, 2 P. endlicheri, Leopard Bushfish and a Fire Eel. I’m also soon to introduce 2 Thinbar Dats which the stores is currently holding for me. Plan to add a Florida Gar and then thats my lot

So nice to be back in the game again after a break.

Welcome back! :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store