Finally, JDs have laid Eggs again!

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
hey everyone,

the flirting behaviour has stopped again and everything seems to go normal ways again.
I have some nice macro shots of bigger baby fish for you.
They start changing colours in different light and surrounding, see the difference between the first picture and the second and third one.
DSC05699.JPG
DSC06172.JPG
Brut am 23.06.18.JPG

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
Another update on the babies.
I feed them now the pellets for the adults, because it reduces the dirt and the adults can eat what the babies leave.
Some of them get slightly blue scales, which are due to the size of the scales, almost invisible. The fish on the right in the background shows some coloured scales. The glowing dots near the tan stripe. No debris, I took three pics of him it was always there.
DSC06643.JPG

They change their body colour more often, seem to start communication via colouration.
Slowly they come closer to the look of a grown cichlid. They are no longer the sweet big eyes with a tail :-(

There are some bigger differences in size, but all in all the fry looks super good, healthy and as for now I see no genetic disorders or defects.
DSC06489.JPG

DSC06643.JPG

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
hello again,

unfortunately my adults have some parasites, but started eating again today so I hope they will make it. Somehow the youngsters don´t have these issues. Can´t be too bad.

The little cuties have become really beautiful little fish. They eat fine and got some more colour.
See those sparkling blue spots, isn´t that cute?
I am sure this is because of the krill food they get. And the brilliant genes of the male.
Brut am 05.07.18 (2).JPG Brut am 05.07.18 (3).JPG Brut am 05.07.18.JPG

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
since today is my birthday, I decided to give you some nice shots of the little beauties.
Unfortunately they get shy now, so I don´t get single fish on the picture.
But my adults eat pretty good now, they are recovering.
I found that the youngsters nip the adults fins. The tips are already gone.
The adults are always lifting up their back to prevent the little ones from nipping, but they still do...
Anything I can do to stop that? I feed as much as I can, as you can see :)
DSC07539.JPG
DSC07573.JPG

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
hey there,

I have some nice macros again for you!
Now the red stripe starts to colour up and also the speckles get more.
They seem to be in a fantastic shape, no destroyed fins/fin rot, no one starving, beautiful development of colour, doing completely fine in general.
You can clearly see they change their body colour now when there is food or another youngster coming. From grey to tan to almost black and white there is everything in.
One of them is quite often coloured up with perfect contrasts, might be a dominant male, who knows yet? :) It is the one in the fourth picture.
They don´t nip fins of the adults that often anymore, but when they do the adults are really pissed. I hope the fin ends are growing again when the youngsters are gone to the store. My male had such a beautiful pattern on his anal fin...
DSC08629.JPG DSC08784.JPG DSC08855.JPG DSC09025.JPG DSC09163.JPG DSC09217.JPG DSC09223.JPG

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
hello again,

very very good news from the babies.
The food is never enough, almost all are perfectly healthy, just some of the smallest with bacterial infects which are not strong enough to make it, but thats nature so I won't do anything.
The colour development is stunning, I am looking forward to brilliantly coloured fish.
Here two nice pics.
DSC09373.JPG DSC09400.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store