Mine creamsicle midevil after 2 weeks

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I appreciate your efforts to prserve bloodlines, but look at the fish. His bottom lip is consistantly thick where as the top is thick on the side which slope upwards and thin in the middle. From bird's eye view the mouth is rounded or blunt like a "U" not pointed like red devils "V". From the profile his lips dont stick out past his forehead and his eye placement is signature midas. I could understand if someone guessed flowerhorn hybrid due to that big head but i dont see any devil in it and stand firm its full midas.

Trimapit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
Texas
I appreciate your efforts to prserve bloodlines, but look at the fish. His bottom lip is consistantly thick where as the top is thick on the side which slope upwards and thin in the middle. From bird's eye view the mouth is rounded or blunt like a "U" not pointed like red devils "V". From the profile his lips dont stick out past his forehead and his eye placement is signature midas. I could understand if someone guessed flowerhorn hybrid due to that big head but i dont see any devil in it and stand firm its full midas.
Though i agree ........ On this Forum.... It is safer to say Midevil unless you know collection point or it is from someone that has been breeding the same strain for the last 20 years. And this is from experience. I had Jeff Rapps put me in my place once because of it... Lol

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Yup... basically I argee with you guys that it looks more like a Midas at first glance, but it would be foolish to stand by either ID without knowing the lineage, since looks can be deceiving. For example, it could have been a pure midas bloodline that was crossed with a RD 2 generations ago, then crossed back to midas again, showing mostly midas characteristics. The fish would not be a pure Midas, though it may look like one.

Reactions: Trimapit
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store