What do you think?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm setting up a 55 gallon goldfish tank for black moors since they're my favorite but the room the tan is in isn't ready. This weekend we will finish painting and once that happens I'm planning to have the cascade 1000 I have for the 55 go onto my heavily stocked 75 gallon for a month so it can get the necessary bacteria without having to go through a normal cycle.
Do yall think that with this process I could put the cascade onto the 55 and have it instantly cycled?

Reactions: Bertie07

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I did this with one more step. I have AC110'S on my Oscar tank. Each has 2 of the normal bags of the bio rings in them. I took one of these bags and dumped it into the FX4. Its been running on my Oscar's tank as well for a month.
Running on the tank should get it going, but to be safe try and add some seasoned bio rings into the new filter to help it along further.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok, it should help that the only occupants are going to be 3 black moors, unless I find a bottom feeder that can work with them....

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Oh and by the way do you think I could put in the 3 black moors once I switch the canister over?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I don't know about that fish, I will let someone with more experienced take this one, sorry

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It's all good man, I'm just happy that I got my original question answered :).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Do one black moor at a time, you could also add a golden dojo loach or a stoneroller as another bottomfeeder

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
Black moor get pretty big. Not sure how long it takes, but at a recent auction I saw one that was the size of a small watermelon, or large cantelope. Beautiful creature. Even with seeding the filter, its give it 48 hours to multiply bacteria a bit in the tank if they're bigger than say 2 inches. They're pretty messy, and you don't want a huge ammonia spike from that. Thats just my 2 cents though. It's what I'd do.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Well it's 15 days yall and I have a little update. The tank hasn't progressed as fast as I wanted to but I can't speed it up. I can only wait until someone finishes up painting the room and doing whatever else the hell she's planning to do before I can set the tank up. Good news is that I finally got the wood for under the tank and put it there :).
A black moor the size of a large cantaloupe? Yep, I'll just put that with the other files along with the tooth fairy, big foot, and the lochness monster :). No offense but if you're gonna make a claim like that ya gotta post pictures as proof.
Anyway I've been doing a bit more thinking about the stock and here's what I've come up with.
3 black moors
3-5 dojo loaches. Anyone know where to find the normal ones, not the golden ones?

As for the fitler and adding them, I was planning on getting 3 2 inchers and putting them in at the same time. Do you really think they could overload the bacteria that have built up in the canister? If it's a matter of how much bioload is in the 75 feeding them I can assure you, 3 2 inch black moors wont overload it.

I'm about to upload a picture of what I've done to the tank but because my phone is so slow ti will probably take a few minutes.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well it's 15 days yall and I have a little update. The tank hasn't progressed as fast as I wanted to but I can't speed it up. I can only wait until someone finishes up painting the room and doing whatever else the hell she's planning to do before I can set the tank up. Good news is that I finally got the wood for under the tank and put it there :).
A black moor the size of a large cantaloupe? Yep, I'll just put that with the other files along with the tooth fairy, big foot, and the lochness monster :). No offense but if you're gonna make a claim like that ya gotta post pictures as proof.
Anyway I've been doing a bit more thinking about the stock and here's what I've come up with.
3 black moors
3-5 dojo loaches. Anyone know where to find the normal ones, not the golden ones?

As for the fitler and adding them, I was planning on getting 3 2 inchers and putting them in at the same time. Do you really think they could overload the bacteria that have built up in the canister? If it's a matter of how much bioload is in the 75 feeding them I can assure you, 3 2 inch black moors wont overload it.

I'm about to upload a picture of what I've done to the tank but because my phone is so slow ti will probably take a few minutes.
Never seen a black moor beat much over 7 inches before, but I've only ever owned one ...
As for finding wild type dojos, I always find them listed under there other name : weather loach

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store