Are plecos intolerant of paragaurd??

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I am just about to lose an albino sailfin pleco. It was beat up a bit by some jewel cichlids that I had in my hospital/ breeder/ growout tank. It didn't look too bad in comparison to some of the previous stress it has gone through, but I separated it from the jewels. Some of my new arrivals looked like they may have something keeping the appetite down so I treated with paragaurd and all the fish seem to be doing well except the plec. It's breathing really shallow and has been on it's side. Now it is literally upside down and breathing once every few seconds.

I don't think this one will make it, but if this is what has happened I don't want to do it again with a green phantom or something...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Shouldn’t be intolerant of paragaurd. Sounds like it got too stressed from the aggression and just didn’t recover. Or something more damaging happened internally that cannot be seen and paragaurd won’t fix. Just IMO.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Shouldn’t be intolerant of paragaurd. Sounds like it got too stressed from the aggression and just didn’t recover. Or something more damaging happened internally that cannot be seen and paragaurd won’t fix. Just IMO.
Ok thank you kno4te kno4te I had figured but just wanted to check.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store