Paretroplus Menarambo and Geophagus growouts

ciclasoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
San Antonio, texas
Yes, I use antifungal agents- I have limited experience with methylene blue but many folks really like it- remember that this and most antifungals will destroy the biofilter. So you may have to move the fry to an aged aquarium to prevent amonia peaks.

ciclasoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
San Antonio, texas
Yes, I use antifungal agents- I have limited experience with methylene blue but many folks really like it- remember that this and most antifungals will destroy the biofilter. So you may have to move the fry to an aged aquarium to prevent amonia peaks.

SpeedRacer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2010
Central NJ
OK. I've only ever used the blue. I'll report back after the next successful hatching and see if I have better results with the decap BBS.

Reactions: ciclasoman

hpham

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Any updates, these are my top favorites, growing out 5 in a 180 and they grow pretty slow

ciclasoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
San Antonio, texas
Getting another chance with the Menarambo. They're in a hatching tank with Methylene Blue and an air stone with plenty of water movement.
I left a spawn with the parents for them to try to raise them. Prior to that I made sure no filter vibrations or excessive sound affected their behavior. I added a nightlight so that the fish wouldn’t startle with the light on/off cycle in the fish room. I made those changes a couple of months before the spawn. Now, 10 months later, the parents continue to guard the fish as they would in a natural environment. They make great parents despite the many reports of the parents eating the eggs. I think watching for cues of stress and modifying their home has allowed this group to excell at raising the next generation of damba.

19A96152-38CE-44C7-B95C-C642E39DA665.jpeg

Reactions: cockroach
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store