List of Freshwater Pufferfish

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
This is a list of Freshwater puffers I have put together in my spare time. I have included common names, scientific and max size. possibly going to add general information later down the road. what do you think?
Hopefully this is of some help to you pufferfish lovers out there!!

Mike

Pufferfish FW List.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Charney and kno4te

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Wow great list and info. I am actually on a puffer kick right now so good timing!

Reactions: AquaScape

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Wow great list and info. I am actually on a puffer kick right now so good timing!
I feel your pain haha actually just took home a few of the Carinotetraodon irrubesco and i'm loving them. No promises but im going to be working on getting some other species as well. But at the moment I have Tetraodon mbu, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, Pao leiurus and Pao palembangensis.

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Any Modestus puffers around?
None at the moment, right now my stock on puffers includes, palembangensis, irrubesco, mbu, and leiurus. but I am working on getting some more

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I feel your pain haha actually just took home a few of the Carinotetraodon irrubesco and i'm loving them. No promises but im going to be working on getting some other species as well. But at the moment I have Tetraodon mbu, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, Pao leiurus and Pao palembangensis.
Nice I have what I am going to call a minature fahaka and a duboisi

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
NICE! where did you find the duboisi?!
Got him from Monster. He is fantastic. I have to watch him at all times or he will attack me

If you come across hairy puffers or albei let me know. I am playing with the idea of adding them to the collection.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store