ID the Catfish

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I don't know why more people don't love big catfish or catfish in general :confused:
While this is generally agreeable, it is not only about the feelings. Many people, who love horses or even ponies, can't keep them for financial and lack of skill reasons. Same with large fish - it is quite costly to keep them humanely and correctly and also requires serious experience and knowledge.

Reactions: moe214

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If someone loves something enough then price doesn't matter as long as it's not outrageous. 200k is the most I'd say you can reasonably save up for if you're an average person and know what to do to make money and how to save and maximize their earning potential. I'd say less then 1% of people actually know how to do this so it is not obtainable for most people like you said. But for those certain people that are just crazy about something, it is obtainable :D.
For normal normal people who don't know what to do, they might be able to save 20k in a few years to a decade or two?

Hoosiercatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
It is right now at the peak of the pattern. It evolves heavily throughout its growing stages. It will grow into a far less striking pattern with size. Shouldn't exceed 2.5'. At least my 10-year old is that size.

It is the first time a see a deformity on these hybrids.

Unless you are a store, it is not worth much. One would be wise to try their luck and perhaps find a nut who will really really want it and be willing to pay say $100 but such nuts (like I used to be) are an exceedingly rare breed.

I'd say it is much more important to forget about $$ and make sure its new home isn't 55 gal, or 100 gal, or even 240 gal but at the very least 500 gal, better over 1000 gal.

View attachment 1331320 View attachment 1331321 View attachment 1331322 View attachment 1331323

More here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...-think-could-it-be-p-corruscans.564171/page-8
Stunning!!!❤

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store