Goldfish Help! swelled

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi, last saturday one of the golfish in the tank got inflated. I tried to take pics but theyarent good.. He is behaving normally and dosent show nay other signs, active and eating and he's scales are normal as well and he also has one red patch on the bottom of his belly. I started treatment for the whole tank 2 days after it started with kanaplex assuming this is some kind of bacterial infection. So far no improvment. I really appreciate any advice or ideas to ehat is this and how to treat,thank you!

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
whats gravid?
gravid measns ready to lay eggs. Even if it's not, it is most likely not bloat. Clean water, a little fasting, and some peas usually solve swelling.
Go_redfish Go_redfish may know. She breeds GF.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
It dosent look that simple.. its a very drastic bloat, i dnt htink its jus constipation and clearly not gravid..

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Those fish dont look sexually mature yet. i dont think its a breeding female. How big is the tank? How much filtration are you running? How many fish in the tank? And what are your water chemistry parameters?

You see how they are all sitting on the bottom clustered toghther? The bloated fish is not the only one in trouble

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
They are cluster together beacuse ive scared them by moving some things on the tank. they are not like this normally. tank is 450L 20 fish small to medium size,max 15 cm. 2 canister of 1200 L/H each. water parameters are 0,0,40

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
2nd photo, skinny fish turned away from the camera, stringy white poop...more than one fish is not well.

Are these feeders you are quarentining or pets you're hoping to keep?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
They are cluster together beacuse ive scared them by moving some things on the tank. they are not like this normally. tank is 450L 20 fish small to medium size,max 15 cm. 2 canister of 1200 L/H each. water parameters are 0,0,40
You need that last reading to be 20 or under. For goldfish you need filtration that turns minimum of 5x the tank's volume every hour. This is a water quality issue first. Other fishs can be saved but the bloated fish's kidneys are failing

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Ahh... I hate the idea youve just said. We are operaiting like a non official oeganization ,saving fihs from people that neglect or throw them away, all of those are fish we've rescued. We keep goldfish in this tank untill they grow and then moving them a pond. i know 40 ppm isnt ideal but i dont think its eanough to cause those problems. The filteration is 5 times tank volume

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store