2 lessons

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well I don't know what to tell you but mine always fall apart.
On my smaller tanks, the plastic that holds the tank bits together always separates after a few years, never really bothers me tho.

As for cats outside: the local outdoor cat population has declined by about 12 - 20 cats it seems, I expect the coyotes are finally doing their job (I've come across a number of cat carcasses in the backwoods, by the looks of the fresher kills it doesn't look like.... a fun way to die).

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well I don't know what to tell you but mine always fall apart.
On my smaller tanks, the plastic that holds the tank bits together always separates after a few years, never really bothers me tho.

As for cats outside: the local outdoor cat population has declined by about 12 - 20 cats it seems, I expect the coyotes are finally doing their job (I've come across a number of cat carcasses in the backwoods, by the looks of the fresher kills it doesn't look like.... a fun way to die).

Fun fact: little Felix (or max or whatever) is becoming a favorite meal to some animals,as they get the taste for it, animals known to eat domestic cats:
Coyotes
Red fox
Mt lions
Nile monitors
Stray dogs
Burmese python
Bobcat
Badger
American alligator
Common snapping turtle

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
If the strays are smart enough to keep away from cars and nasty people, they usually live quite a while.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
If the strays are smart enough to keep away from cars and nasty people, they usually live quite a while.
I did a study once , where I compared the life spans of indoor vs outdoor cats, my results: indoor cats lived slightly over twice as long on average as outdoor cats, and outdoor cats were much more likely to be severely injured or crippled (eye problems were the most common problem noted).

Reactions: J. H.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Wait, how is a common snapping turtle gonna eat a cat?

Reactions: J. H.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Once again....20180909_173853.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Never mind. Spent about 30 minutes trying to make it work but it won't. Next time I go to home Depot I'm getting some acrylic cut for me.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
These are 2 lessons I learned a while ago but forgot to tell yall about.
#1 watch out where you sit if you're 200 pounds. I tend to split my glass hoods apart into 2 pieces so it's easier for me to just move them to feed them without having to worry about them falling back and breaking. Well I tend to put them on my bed when I feed the tank.... I also tend to not look when I sit... You know where this is headed.
My big ol' 200 self has sat on quite a number of glass hoods and as a result broken them. Moral of the story, have thick acrylic hoods and don't be fat enough to break them..
#2 Always assume your fish is hell bent on committing suicide. I was changing the water on my 29 which mainly has small fish, zebra danios, rasboras, misc. So my cat runs away with the toilet paper because he likes to shred it so I chase after him. 4 seconds later I'm back and one of the zebra danios has swam up the python and got his stuck partially into the tube. I had to stop everything and blow the end of the tube to shoot the little pita out. His head was shaped weirdly for a while.
Here's an extra lesson for all yall. Never get a cat, they will steal your toilet paper and ruin it.
View attachment 1333596
Here's the toilet paper thief himself.
These are 2 lessons I learned a while ago but forgot to tell yall about.
#1 watch out where you sit if you're 200 pounds. I tend to split my glass hoods apart into 2 pieces so it's easier for me to just move them to feed them without having to worry about them falling back and breaking. Well I tend to put them on my bed when I feed the tank.... I also tend to not look when I sit... You know where this is headed.
My big ol' 200 self has sat on quite a number of glass hoods and as a result broken them. Moral of the story, have thick acrylic hoods and don't be fat enough to break them..
#2 Always assume your fish is hell bent on committing suicide. I was changing the water on my 29 which mainly has small fish, zebra danios, rasboras, misc. So my cat runs away with the toilet paper because he likes to shred it so I chase after him. 4 seconds later I'm back and one of the zebra danios has swam up the python and got his stuck partially into the tube. I had to stop everything and blow the end of the tube to shoot the little pita out. His head was shaped weirdly for a while.
Here's an extra lesson for all yall. Never get a cat, they will steal your toilet paper and ruin it.
View attachment 1333596
Here's the toilet paper thief himself.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
My mom's cat would sit and watch her discus swim for hours! Damned thing was obsessed with them. I told her he was planning a heist. About a year later, she heard loud screeching and water splashing. The suspect was caught with both of it's right side legs submerged in the water. It had been walking on the glass top and fell in the space created behind the glass panel on top and the rim of the aquarium,by the intake tube. He was supremely pissed! If fish could laugh, they would have been ROFL!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store