Leichardti arowana tail split or frayed or rot?

krazyboy58

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
USA
B5FACE72-83F4-41BA-ABC3-A4B0713A5D42.jpeg Hello,

Just moved my Leichardti into a 125 gal and it’s tail seems to have frayed or split. I let the tank cycle for about two weeks prior and water parameters seems fine. Heater temp is set at 81 degrees and currently running an FX6 and AC110.

Dorsal and anal fins are normal, just the tail is giving me problems.

Leichardti has normal appetite and no other tank mates or decorations.

Just did a 30% water change today and added the following: melafix, stress coat and salt. Is there any hope? lol.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Don’t look like fin rot. Should heal up quick with what ur doing.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks! That's good to know! Any tips on adding salt and melafix? Only with water change or everyday?
Not much. Just add doses per instructions. Salt is a 1 tsp per gallon. Would do a water changes every other day.

Reactions: krazyboy58

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
View attachment 1334913 Hello,

Just moved my Leichardti into a 125 gal and it’s tail seems to have frayed or split. I let the tank cycle for about two weeks prior and water parameters seems fine. Heater temp is set at 81 degrees and currently running an FX6 and AC110.

Dorsal and anal fins are normal, just the tail is giving me problems.

Leichardti has normal appetite and no other tank mates or decorations.

Just did a 30% water change today and added the following: melafix, stress coat and salt. Is there any hope? lol.
I just wanted to find out the out come. My Jardini's tail is looking similar. Just wondering what worked. I had high nitrates but have them under control. I haven't medicated yet as I didn't know what to try. Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I just wanted to find out the out come. My Jardini's tail is looking similar. Just wondering what worked. I had high nitrates but have them under control. I haven't medicated yet as I didn't know what to try. Thanks
Would suggest posting in the disease section. If it’s from bad water then correcting it should help. Can add some salt 1 tsp per g. No need to medicate. Reduce stress and avoid aggressive tankamtes. Make sure it eats and usually will recover. If not bette then consider meds Cabinetman 1 Cabinetman 1 .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store