Calculate overflow GPH with beanimal setup

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
False. Two drains with a tuned gate valve will forever be trying to balance itself out. Balancing = noise. One drain for full siphon (gate valve tuned) and one open channel with NO gate valve. The other component a few folks seem to forget is the access to the water. You want the full siphon line to be the lowest level. Open channel an 1" or two taller and the emergency line just above that.
+ 1
Primary Full siphon with valve, second open channel without a gate valve (position downwards and slightly above the full siphon inside overflow) , third emergency line upwards inside overflow. Adjust the valve on siphon line so that there is just a trickle going through the secondary line, and its able to keep the noise levels in check.

So your gph mostly be from the full siphon only and may be a plus 10% from secondary line.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Oh man this is all confusing for a 1st time sump guy. OK, I think I understand.

I plan to go with 2 jebao dcp 8000 pumps, which each push 2100gph as my tank will have four 1" returns so I can run 2 returns from each pump.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
+ 1
Primary Full siphon with valve, second open channel without a gate valve (position downwards and slightly above the full siphon inside overflow) , third emergency line upwards inside overflow. Adjust the valve on siphon line so that there is just a trickle going through the secondary line, and its able to keep the noise levels in check.

So your gph mostly be from the full siphon only and may be a plus 10% from secondary line.
When you say position downwards, do you mean like a durso pipe setup?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Oh man this is all confusing for a 1st time sump guy. OK, I think I understand.

I plan to go with 2 jebao dcp 8000 pumps, which each push 2100gph as my tank will have four 1" returns so I can run 2 returns from each pump.
Huh? you have 2 pumps. so you'll have 2 return lines. "return lines" meaning lines run from the pump in the sump back up to the display tank, that "return" water from the pump's output back into the tank.

Now....how many holes are drilled in your tank? whether those holes are going to be used for return lines, or for drain lines, how many total holes are drilled in the tank?

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Huh? you have 2 pumps. so you'll have 2 return lines. "return lines" meaning lines run from the pump in the sump back up to the display tank, that "return" water from the pump's output back into the tank.

Now....how many holes are drilled in your tank? whether those holes are going to be used for return lines, or for drain lines, how many total holes are drilled in the tank?
Three 1.5” drain holes on the bottom of the tank, within an overflow box.

Four 1” return holes on the opposite side of the tank as this is an eight-foot tank. Each return line from a pump will “Y” into two outlets for the tank, which is why I’m running two pumps.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Any comments on whether two Jeabo DCP-8000 will give me the turnover I need for 4-5x, which is about 1800gph total?

The dcp-8000 will push 2100 each, so two would be good?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store