75 going on 180

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah, those cories are cool! Will you be adding more plants in there?

How is he eating?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So went away for a overnight getaway and came home to a surprise.
20180909_162738.jpg
Guess I better hurry and get that angel tank set up huh. Pretty sure the two in the pic are mom and dad. To bad its not two of the Green Giants instead of a Green Giant and a marble.
20180909_162704.jpg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So had to make some decisions.
Ive been noticing everyone in the 180 has been a little on edge lately just thinking maybe a power struggle? I watched both the teugs nip at just about everyone else in the tank. Then 1 night Ziti grabbed my albino hecklli right at the base of the tail and looked like she would hold on but eventually let go. I thought that was a mistaken identity. Then my wife witnessed both teugs catch kill and eat a ropefish tag team style. By the time I got upstairs it was too late. Not sure what or why the switch got flipped but they turned on anything smaller then them. I consistantly say things like this happen with much larger fish but I also see it not happen alot too. Lucifer was chasing my original sen around nipping his tail he(actually pretty sure its a she) also grabbed the simensis but I grabbed him/her. This has been going on for about 2 weeks, the ropefish incident was Sunday. Palmas, polli, albino, and most ropes have been hidding pretty much for a couple weeks. I noticed the polli started this about a month ago. The albino is usually completly chill, has been hidding also or a complete spazz.

I have a friend that just recently set up a 240. He had a 60g and got a endli, ornate and a lap. They have been in his care for 6 months endli is around 10". Ornate is about the same. Lap is about 8". He also has a couple larger SA cichlids now. He agreed to try the twin terror teugs as hes always liked them since he saw them in my tank. Took them to him today he lives about an hour away. I was there for about 2 hours while we acclimated them but i needed to get home. Tonight he said they have settled in nicely after the lap showed them who was in charge I guess. Apparently his lap has claimed a 3rd of the big tank and no bottom dweller is tolerated. Hope that works out as he is really fond of that fish. Its got a nice green color.

I'm trying to get him on here but he is resistant to forums/social media. Maybe soon, it'd be cool as I said hes an hour away. He lurks from time to time. He knows the story of Ziti. Sorry magpie magpie . The rope was my smallest one not any of your 3.

Still unsure how I have a blackskirt tetra swimming around like its the king of the tank and im down a rope and two teugs.......

Tonight the tank is calm and everyone is sitting out. Including both butts. Weird.
Sorry for the long no pic post. Just not one to hide stuff. It is what it is, happens I guess with a tank full of predators.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
So weird! No worries, Ziti was yours to do with as you wish and I completely understand your decision. I have a low tolerance to aggression. Clamping on fish is hard enough let alone killing a rope. Poor thing. :(

Not sure if you remember, but Ziti was an ass to my Polli, but that was short lived. For awhile I thought I might have to switch things up but he calmed down, and I assumed it was a fluke. Maybe not.

Sorry you were having to go through this. It's not fun to deal with aggression. Hopefully everyone else settles down now that they're gone.

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store