Community Tank

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Hi guys its me once again with a new project!
I ve been searching which fish should i buy and house in my new 2500L tank (which is in making) and i think i ll have a Goliath Tiger Fish or a vittatus , an armatus two flag tails. What other fish can i house with them except rays and polypterous? Since most characins need fast water flow. Can i house with them a pack of pleuroplathma channa or a micropeltes (or any channa at all..) any kind of arowana or a hoplias? (Intrested most in aimara or mala) . What do you think about my tank size? It ll be my main tank so if it needs to be bigger i ll try to make it bigger.. 3,2m X 1(depth) X 0,8

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Hi guys its me once again with a new project!
I ve been searching which fish should i buy and house in my new 2500L tank (which is in making) and i think i ll have a Goliath Tiger Fish or a vittatus , an armatus two flag tails. What other fish can i house with them except rays and polypterous? Since most characins need fast water flow. Can i house with them a pack of pleuroplathma channa or a micropeltes (or any channa at all..) any kind of arowana or a hoplias? (Intrested most in aimara or mala) . What do you think about my tank size? It ll be my main tank so if it needs to be bigger i ll try to make it bigger.. 3,2m X 1(depth) X 0,8
You could have arowana, how about a school of dorado as well

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
You could have arowana, how about a school of dorado as well
In 2500L about 520g i think after 2-3 years i ll start have problems and i m sure i will not be able to upgrade that tank.. An aro seems fine i may go for an albino silver or even a RTG

Reactions: Bertie07

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
If you can't upgrade I'd say majority of the fish you're considering is a no go. Also most characins like calm water in aquaria. What are the exact dimensions of your tank?

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Its 3,2 X 1(depth) X 0.8 we talking about meters. I thought they want fast moving water like in rivers ..lol! Do you think i ll need bigger tank when they are fully grown? I want for them to live a good life.. i ll afford max a 3,7 meters 1,2 depth and 0,8 which is a monstrous tank

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Its 3,2 X 1(depth) X 0.8 we talking about meters. I thought they want fast moving water like in rivers ..lol! Do you think i ll need bigger tank when they are fully grown? I want for them to live a good life.. i ll afford max a 3,7 meters 1,2 depth and 0,8 which is a monstrous tank
I think go for the biggest tank you can so you can get the fish you want, I’m no expert on the fish you want but a aro would work well in that tank

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
With three feet as the width aro and vatf will be good options along with polypterus. Any wolf aside from aimara and lac will work. I think rays will need more width inevitably. Going off of your other thread ->. Dorado will likely bully everything. Armatus will try as well. They’ll get to big along with gatf aimara etc. as well. Can try a tat but they may get bullied by vatf. Tig will work.

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
With three feet as the width aro and vatf will be good options along with polypterus. Any wolf aside from aimara and lac will work. I think rays will need more width inevitably. Going off of your other thread ->. Dorado will likely bully everything. Armatus will try as well. They’ll get to big along with gatf aimara etc. as well. Can try a tat but they may get bullied by vatf. Tig will work.
I ll try the mala wolf , a green aro , vatf , a tat (thats the bet) and maybe an ornatipinis poly. I may try as well a maruloides or a scomberoides..What else can i add with more teeth? Maybe a second vatf or?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I ll try the mala wolf , a green aro , vatf , a tat (thats the bet) and maybe an ornatipinis poly. I may try as well a maruloides or a scomberoides..What else can i add with more teeth? Maybe a second vatf or?
Atf normally kill each other once they hit around a foot. Only shoal when small. I wouldn’t do a scomb it will probably become a meal. As far as the SH, can’t say I can weigh in on that. Been a long time since I’ve read up on them. You can go for other characins like an odoe assuming you don’t add much flow. When you get one poly you’ll probably end up with more, not a bad thing lol.. could try a gar.

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Atf normally kill each other once they hit around a foot. Only shoal when small. I wouldn’t do a scomb it will probably become a meal. As far as the SH, can’t say I can weigh in on that. Been a long time since I’ve read up on them. You can go for other characins like an odoe assuming you don’t add much flow. When you get one poly you’ll probably end up with more, not a bad thing lol.. could try a gar.
well i actually dont like gars at all idk why..I wont add much flow in the tank almost none actually . Maybe a shovelnose or a RTC can work also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store