New pick up - P14 hybrid

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
i have 4 females and 3 males liao

2bd female 1 bd male 1 pair of p14 hybrid and 1 pair of pearl ways

now wondering if i should split them up as 3 bd and male p14 as 1 group (since all about same size

and 1 p14 hybrid female and the pair of pearls as 1 group

I suppose you could do that, especially if you feel that the bigger ones are harassing the smaller ones or that it is affecting the smaller ones eating

Then I would say do it for peace of mind

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I suppose you could do that, especially if you feel that the bigger ones are harassing the smaller ones or that it is affecting the smaller ones eating

Then I would say do it for peace of mind
They are all living happily now... just planning for when they are adults and reaching breeding stage

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Oh, ok.. Sounds a good idea to me
still got maybe 1 year more

choices

1 group of bigger rays 2m2f and 1 group of smaller rays 1m2f
or
1 group of bd 1m2f, 1 pair of p14 hybrid and 1 pair of pearl... 3 tanks

or keep the group of bd and maybe the pair of pearl...

headache... lol

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
still got maybe 1 year more

choices

1 group of bigger rays 2m2f and 1 group of smaller rays 1m2f
or
1 group of bd 1m2f, 1 pair of p14 hybrid and 1 pair of pearl... 3 tanks

or keep the group of bd and maybe the pair of pearl...

headache... lol
Hahha.. yes.. a headache!!

Im sitting with the same headache at moment but some of ours are basically adults
So.. had to separate two of my males into a tank of their own because they harass the females not stop and then their discs are always bitten so the boys are on their own now except the Leo male

I think, if i was you, if you want to breed the pearls, i would keep the pearls on their own when they reach breeding age.

Choices.. choices...

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hahha.. yes.. a headache!!

Im sitting with the same headache at moment but some of ours are basically adults
So.. had to separate two of my males into a tank of their own because they harass the females not stop and then their discs are always bitten so the boys are on their own now except the Leo male

I think, if i was you, if you want to breed the pearls, i would keep the pearls on their own when they reach breeding age.

Choices.. choices...
my only grouse is i need more tanks and more WC haha

my pearls had their discs bitten too.... it was quite bad but as they were still eating i let it slide... now all is well again

Reactions: MariaS

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I love that you included some plants in that last picture. Also, are those 2 kritter keepers on the top of the bottom tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store